Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

These other detecting forums....:shrug:

warthog

I joined a couple other Michigan based detecting forums........I posted on one,asking them if I could join them on their future detecting outings.For the most part,they thought I was joking.But,I'm not.But: They sure are 'READY,WILLING AND ABLE',to join me at that old resort I detect.....:shrug:....

I set up hunts all the time to take guys hunting, but seldom get invited. Many times you need to build a relationship before digging together. Also many of these new sites are mostly newbies interested in more what they can get than what they can give.

.....Most hunters and forums are territorial and do not like to share their sites! Yes it is more true that they do more about what they can get than opposed to what they can give! Must be a sign of the last days?

Thanks for the warning guys ! If you guys ever come up to traverse city area you can hunt with me , I've got a bunch of sites lined up from harbor springs to lake saint Helens over to welston , and up the lake mi coast to Frankfort , wait! Did I just give my spots away . I don't think you guys or myself would fit in with most of those clubs anyway we certainly won't fit in with the Hoover boys have you seen their YouTubes , I like talking about the Lord, and m dinging , Steve if you want I can help you hunt that resort , and if I find gold we could cut it with a hack saw one for you and one for me , that site looks nice from goggle earth , !

I would like to finish my post, again some of my post was cut out , I was not saying anything nasty or mean, what I said was a friend I hunt with is very competitive and when I tell him I found a ring with a straight forward face he will ask me where I found it and then he won't say he's happy for me or congradulations ,I had to quit giving my Treasurer report to another detectorists because he got mad and asked me to give him a list of where I didn't hunt not everyone is so open and just want to have fun with this hobby it's a shame if I found a virgin site would I take somebody with me I would another Christian detectorist I would like to share some of the fun ,warthog I was just kidding about Google Earthing your resort.

You know when I see these other clubs in southern mi , and all the people standing around ,of all ages at a park with their detectors it makes my heart want so much to be a part of them , but their are no clubs up here , and if a metal detecting club was Christ focused how wonderful it would be , Christian detectorist down state are blessed to have each other , I guess that's why I post so much .have I worn all of you out yet ? I don't mean any harm , I guess when people show love to me I kind of act like a puppy and I'm all over them , I'll try not to pee on you ,

Not sure how part of your post got removed but I remember reading what you just posted about others not being happy for you etc,,,,

Many Christians in the club, and most of our board are Christians as well. It is growing all the time. At our Feb meeting we had a new record of 85 in attendance. Here is our web address swmss.org

That's a lot of club members mike ,how wonderful , and many of them love the lord , what a blessing .

Hey brother mike, l just looked up the club you are a part of and I must say the photograph of all of you ,is so heartwarming and precious their are people of all ages and little children to keep the hobby going in future years , is AL from Pro Stock store and warthog in that picture with you guys I could almost weep seeing all those beautiful faces I can see the best treasure in metal detecting are the people brought together in the name of Christ, I have so much to learn . waterhound

Club is bigger now. Yes Al from the detector store is in the pic. Warthog is not. Warthog (Steve) lives quite a ways north and has not visited the club. Al is one of the founding members from back in 1989. I know it's a long drive but you are invited anytime to come down to a meeting. Come early, I will take you on a dig, go to the meeting that evening. Get a room locally then we can hunt more the next day.

I put out - yesterday on this Forum - a question asking for suggestions. Basically asking recommendations on a new detector. As I noted in that thread under the Metal Detecting category I bought a Minelab Musketeer and a Tesoro Silver Max back in 2005 time frame. Given that technology has improved - I would think maybe be not - then detectors have improved.

Well that thread has been removed - or moved somewhere but I have not clue where to. I haven't received any information as to why, if it was improper.

So ... yes all forums have a personality. I've been part of various shooting forums and predator forums. The one thing I've seen in all forums is that there is a group who thinks they are pretty important. Others who live near - in whatever hobby you are in - won't lend a helping hand under any condition.

So what you are saying - yep. I noticed this when I was detecting more than I do now - if you have a place you will get people willing to drive a long way to join you. But sure don't find a lot of people wanting to invite. Same with predator hunting - I know lots of guys who will gladly come and join you but won't invite you.

Human nature I guess.

Anyone on from Colorado?

Welcome Jayhawks and Thanks for joining us with your posting! Something mysterious is going on because I don't think Mike, our Moderator, removes any posts unless they've caused lots of problems and the CMD members start leaving because of it! I am sure something is wrong for yours and WaterHounds posts to have disappeared! I can't answer your questions concerning the detectors but I know others can! Love your last line and I know where I will be when mortal death or the Rapture comes for I love Jesus and I have eternal hope of being forever living with Him in new Jerusalem City! Amen! I belonged to a Coin Shooters Club years ago and some ppl were friendly and took you hunting with them and others didn't...but I think it is mostly that two, three or more have trouble getting together at a certain time in a certain area to hunt together! That is why our club had monthly club hunts in different places and those who could make it did and others didn't! I enjoyed our annual club hunts and also our monthly ones when I could go and be with my friends and enjoy the day with them! Not everyone could gather and hunt at the same time though, but some would on one Sunday and then others would on other Sundays and etc. Sometimes the jealousy of what is found by one and not another gets in the way, but if good friends it shouldn't, for no one knows what they will find that another one won't! All in the swingin' and diggin' for treasure and living for Jesus so blessings come! Amen! :angel: Ma

I never seen that post. Another guy here who is a recent regular mentioned half of his post being gone. I will check with admin. Meanwhile send me a private message or reply here about your detector question. I'll be happy to try and help.

I contacted admin about it.

Thanks for your reply.

I lived in the KC metro area for a good number of years on the KC side. Will say that is a great part of this country - KC is one of the best cities in a lot of aspects for living in. People on both sides of that border are friendly and just good people.

Enjoy the day!

Amen ,sister ma Betty , I try to be joyful when someone finds_a good target , because it is so hard to find generally , and if good target was found in a area that means more are possibly their !I might say you rascal ! But in fun , and another detectorist and I will send pictures back and forth , but I do have to be carful about the flesh riseing up with Covetous jealousy that make me want to always get their first, and leave my wife at home alone to long , and welcome jayhawks as well .

Mike thanks for the invite and I'm hoping to make it down there this summer .