Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

These are typical in this area Royal.

George-CT

They use the nylon Lock & stock boxes and wrap them with camo tape. I like them because the hold a lot of stuff to trade with. this one was in the crack in the rock on the left. As you can see the tape makes them blend in pretty well. There are a lot of rock hides here s o you can get at them in the winter. Anything in the ground here is there until spring.

Geo-CT

lots of creeks and marshes. We have a lot of stump hides and such. I found two today that I could not find before. One was a micro cache and the other was a big sucker and I felt the fool that I had not seen it before. The micro was on the third trip out and the other the second.

The woods are very thick right now with lots of cover. It makes the GPS a bit unreliable but I still get in the area. We will be losing our leaves soon and it will be better I think.

after having looked for them for a bit. Fair amount of stump ones around here also. l look for stumps, or rocks here in general. IN the city, they can be anywhere. Some are just magnetic signs, or in commuter parking areas attached via those magnetic key holders for cars to sign post, fence rails, you name it. Spray painted the color of the object they are attached to they easy to miss.

this new Garmin Map 60 CSX is really awesome in the cover. I though my Meridian Gold was good, but this one is better and the electonic compass still works even if your standing still. I don't use the maps at all, just the compass arrow and distance in feet away from target. When the alarm bell goes off that I'm within 50 feet, your eyes are the best thing going.

See if I get out tomorrow again. Digging more rocks out of my driveway and the fields before the ground freezes up. Can't beat this weather for outdoors. I've been thinking of putting a cache at the end of my driveway just as a fast grab, just so I can see who comes after them. Plenty of parking down there. got a big nut tree there. Was thinking making a micro out of one of the bigger nuts and hang it off a limb....with a good hint, and see how they do.

Geo

when a cache is found do you keep prizes ,exchange gifts,what is the protocol when they are found,My guess is you exchange gifts,so there is a cache next time,but really I'M CONFUSED :)

just sign the log book myself, I made up some cards with my name and this web site on them but and dropped them in a couple years ago. Some people put a camera in them so the finder can take their picture and put the camera back. Then I guess they develop the film and keep a record of finders.
It is not what the cashe is worth. It is the hunt. Just like detecting, Rarely do we find anything really valuable but we get out and enjoy our time with Mother Nature, At least that is what it is for me and I am sure George and Dave

.....I'M pretty sure I found a few blindly,for example there was a little box near a tree,just lightly covered up. Inside very odd assortment of trinkets,this sure sounds like a accidental cache find ! see you

On the C.G. Historical sight, listing Life Saving Stations, and C.G. Stations, they list the long. and latitude of the locations. In most cases,the buildings are gone, left to Mother Nature, or something else has been built.

n/t

are based on a theme or stuff the owner likes to see. Others a mix of stuff to trade for men, women, kids.....Rule is, if you want and item , you have to leave and item in exchange. Most of it is small stuff for kids, like key chains, stuff animals, for adults, old coins or foreign coins,, match box cars, yet some o fit is good stuff, even used GPS units and all kids of different items. I tend to hunt the ones with Travel Bugs...Its and item of choice with the metal tag with a number attached to track via Geocaching .com Same with Geocoins. Those are very collectible, and a lot of people trade those or swap at meets. I like those and have a lot of them i've traded for or if they keep moving, I just take pictures of them. Go into the Geocacing.com come site, type in your zip code and see the oens around you and read the logs...you will get the picture....

Just fun to do...Often I hunt then and never take anything, but leave a small item if its bigger than a micro...I move stuff around a lot, just for the additincentive to do it....

Geo

my second micro! A .75"X2" pill bottle in a knothole of a tree! Real clever hide! Look at GC12YFB!

Dave

are better in different ways than others. There are basic ones, that you can enter the coordinates and it will get you to the target. Next step up is one with a base map, that will let you see the main highways so you have a better reference to where you are. Then the next step up is better maps with all the streets on them, or Topo Maps for terrain, and the Marine ones with salt water and fresh water maps, with buoys, channel markers etc, or ones with all of the above. Many of these handhelds are very high tech. I have one that does it all, and I can mount it on my bike, or in the car or in the boat or canoe. It has it all and is color. The the one in the picture above, is a new Garmin and it has the maps, but also lets you ad one called Street maps and cities and many others maps you can load in it....They are very detailed and also has auto routing, along with Geocaching, altimeter, all kinds of stuff.

Let me know what you want to do with one and I can suggest at least a couple to pick from in either new or used. With GPS, like detectors, people seem to change what they own alot. You can get them with lots of bells and whistles or bare bones. All will fine a coordinate about the same, except the better the antenna, the better it will work ni tree covered areas.
I have 5 of them here. I like them all, but honestly, one is all you need. I just found good deals on EBAY so bought them to play with or take a friend with me geocaching... I use them for travel alot also. One with at least a base map might be better for you, or also a Marine one as it will show you better detail on the water or coast line. I can take a picture of the screen map of a selected area you want, if you want me to show you what it might look like. I have a color Marine one....Color is a little weak in bright sunlight on most of them.

George-Ct

n/t

n/t

Fishing, kayaking, and gpsing. 3 hobbies rolled into one..... I just saw they put one out close to me on and island. Got to take the canoe out and grab it. I could wait until the lake freezes over but kinda takes the fun out of it....

Geo-Ct