Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There is a method to the madness methinks.

Dig those low tones too and you'll be rewarded with bright sparklers that are worth a lot more than just gold. Congrats on taking the plunge with the hookah.:thumbup:

Cheers Mate,

Eric aka BDA:cool:

I hunt water with the horseshoe coil and wet sand with the WOT coil.... Those work best for me. My hearing is not the best so I set mine up in the pin point mode....Works great, and I learned whats what by the cleanest of the signal or quick or slow decay sound. To be honest I've pretty much accepted the Dig them all method. I hunt with no sound coming thru the phones unless I hit a target. With the WOT coil i get more fussy as the targets are deeper and its a lot of work..... If I'm hunting fresh water ponds around here I will knock the nails out quite often where they burned pallets all winter and the nails are in that area. I've done good in those spots no one else can hunt and you just get the null....works for me........ I have the sovereign also with a WOT coil.... As much as they say they are the same machine in a different box, to me they are not at all....Way different sounds to me...... I prefer the tones of the Excalibur in pin point mode..... Just my 2 cents....... Salt water they are the best unit I have found for running quiet..... I have other Garretts here and Tesoro. I love the Tiger Shark for tiny gold or fine chains...It it goes tic tic, its either a bobby pin or chain....... Salt water it is the worst machine I've ever used...go figure....

Sounds like your about ready to mine some serious treasure.....

Keene Manufactuing is not far from me. I've been up there a few times....Lots of goodies for sure......

George-CT

to have a great summer. Hopefully by then, I will be well, you will have most of your "toys" on your list of things to buy before retirement, and now all we gotta do is figure out a way to get Lil Brother "retired". We could practically go back to doing some fun things together again! ILY, Sis

when swimmers are there if I can help it. I don't dive them because of the hose. My hookah will supply three divers to 45 ft but I have only used it with two. The hoses are 60 ft long and I don't like to have them all over the surface bothering other swimmers. I also don't like the kids bothering me like those clowns did that I wrote about. I thought I was gonna have to kick their daddys ass :D

You will find that they are not very noisy. I am sure yours will be quieter than mine and mine is pretty dang quiet. I have had it for at least 15 years and the compressor has been rebuilt three times. That is an easy job as it has just reed valves.

I think you will be happy with the gas model. I had a buddy that would not listen to me and went on the cheap and sure regretted it. I say get the best you can afford and upgrade one level. Your life depends on it!

It was the first water machine I ever used and it has no meter but just sound. I can tell by the sound if it is worth digging and am right 90% of the time. The other 10% just don't matter to me. I have fun and find a heck of a lot of treasure. Dig everything at first to learn what the sounds mean and after a while you will dig little junk. You will miss some stuff but so what? I have found a hundred gold rings and have had two 11 ring dives. Did I miss some on those dives? Probably but who cares? I have found more than most and it is becasue I go where most don't go. Virgin hunting grounds and you will see I am right. You will not make a killing on every dive for sure but there will be some places you will hit over and over and it will seem that the goodies will never end.

Hummmmm?? Now if I can squeeze my fat arse in my wet suit!!

I rarely go over 30 or 35 ft with mine but it is because the swimmers are not usually going out that deep and losing stuff. I have been to 60ft but that was my limit since my hose is only 60 ft long.

You will love it!!

You are getting me excited again

..I have never seen one, much less heard one in person. I was basing my noise issue with what I heard on a guy that had one on a youtube video. Could be that his just had a wore out muffler. I hope so.

I'm looking forward to taking delivery on it. Now for the farmer john and a new mask and I'll be set for the most part. :biggrin:

aj

and find some Arkansas loot. I've got so many places in my sights that it is not even funny. It should make for some good stories over the summer. I gotta make a showin now since I dumped so much money in the get-up.

I'm sure glad the guy I bought it from was claustrophobic and afraid of water. :biggrin:

aj

I've owned three fisher machines; a 552, 553 and a 555 vlf, all from the 80's. Still have the 553. Maybe sometime I can get a good used 1280 for whoever dives with me. It'll keep 'em preoccupied while I dig for serious treasure.

11 ring dives????? Good Lord, I gotta get in the water soon!

aj

The official brownie website hedges back a bit, saying that it is all in how a diver breathes, which is so true.

Tell me, do you have enough air in your hose if time gets away from you and the thing quits on you at 20 feet? I was talking to someone on the treasure forum and he stated that I would be just fine and could ascend easily w/o the trouble of a pony tank. Whadayathank?

aj

...I have talked with them over the phone and emailed them several times in the past four months or so. I just wish they made a more powerful 12v...but NOBODY makes one. Nobody.

So in pinpoint mode you don't have the advantage of tone ID do you? I know you get 30% better depth, but I don't understand how you can destinguish the difference in stuff other than the 'texture' of the sound. I have SO much to learn. It is my second minelab and I just have to put in the time to learn the marvelous characteristics of the machine. It took me a time with the Explorer and it will take me some time with the Exc II.

aj

...I didn't know what 'foil tones' sound like on the excal. So it's like any other metal detector. Skip the foil and risk walking over the small rings. Geesh! Now I know why I wanted a three-hour dive time! :lol:

Thanks, (to all) for all your little tid-bit about the sounds. I have Clive's book but I have not found my machine acts the way he discusses that it does, like gold ramps up and down, fully and smoothly. I hear the fullness but I guess my coil speed is too fast for the ramping effect. But anyway, I need all the tips I can get. Thanks a bunch.

aj

the keep it in the KISS mode or keep it simple stupid..... One tone more or less, but they do very. But rings are sharp....more depth as you mentioned...I use that a lot as the beaches in this area get hit hard. Its a short swimming season here in salt water and a lot of sand movement so sands depths vary all the time, day to day, tide to tide...depth is everything..... I can't fault the Excal at all...Been a good unit for me. If I sold all of them but one, I'd keep it.....

Geo

I won't say for who. :devil: