Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

THE WHITE LADY!!!!

Once they get into a feeding freanzy, they will eat anything, and that includes each other. In fact, I remember a film I saw once, where a shark was disembowled, tossed back overboard, then the intestines, and the disembowled shark proceded to eat those self same innards. UGH!!!

Sunny skies

M

When you remove these sponges from the water, and dry them out, they become very brittle.They are more or less barrel shaped, if you can picture that. But they are huge......6-8 feet tall.. And very wide in diameter.

Calm seas

M

You can feel yourself sinking, even in totally black water. As well, you are correct, you can feel air bubble as they exhaust from the regulator....so there is that too.

Sunny skies

M

you can dig out that old box of photos. Even if they are not up to today's standards, I bet they are still very interesting. I would like to see some! :)

What an exciting life you have lived and I sure appreciate you taking us along with you.

I think we could have had some fun together!!! I hope we still can :D:thumbup:

n/t

I wrote a story about it at the time. Very exciting but I never felt threatened at the time!

figure you are pretty dang safe. Night dives, Ice dives, river dives etc, they all add spice to this life and I am sure happy that I have enjoyed them

the reporters are on the rise. They need a story and will make one if they don't have one.

I was diving St Maartin the year that the shark took off the little boys arm. The big brave Uncle jumped in and wrassled the shark ashore and retreved the arm. Something sounded fishy about it.

I was on a shark dive and mentioned it to the dive master and they laughed. They said that two weeks previously a party came down for a dive. They were from the area that the boy was attacked. The big brave Uncle was fishing and had caught the shark. When he had it into the surf, in shallow water, he let the little boy go in and pet the shark. That is when he got his arm ripped off and it is also the reason the big brave Uncle was able to retreve it. It was still on his friggin hook!! The dumbarsed reporters seemed to have missed that little bit of information. Reporters, lawyers and whores. Same mind set

THE LADY was, and still is, a very special place to the divers of Victoria. I wonder if the government will make it a marine park, officially. That means, up here, no spearfishing, removing of anything.....just take photos.

I am certainly not a fan of government, but this is one thing that I would get behind on.

Sunny skies

M

n/t

n/t

n/t

Always came out too cold. Cave dives!!! Now there is an adventure. There is one island [swordfish island] just off Sooke, that has a cave that runs the whole lenth of it.....maybe 150 yars or so. A fascinating dive. The whole tunnel is filled with fish, anenomes, urchins, crabs.... And you get to swim through this myriad of life.

Calm seas

M

n/t