Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Trouble With Keys

AuzeeSheila

This is about how I spent a day a few years ago. I call it "Bugger," which over here is on a par with 'Sh!t'.

The huge plane slowly turned in a half circle to face away from us, as it was towed around by a tractor-like vehicle . While two little voices chorused wistfully,

You sure have a talent for writing a story!! I am still laughing. I hope you eventually took it easy on Ron though. I have been there.

Every June I and some friends would fly into the Canadian bush for a week of fishing. We had three small girls but my wife had no problem with me going. I did it for 20 years.

One year when I headed north everyone was happy, hail and healthy. I came home and she was pizzed for sure. "Oh Great! You were up there having fun and I was down here with three sick kids, me puking and crappin my pants at the same time and the kids doing the same. YOU were up there having your FUN and I was miserable!"

It seems that the day after I left the flu hit the household. How was I to know? There was no phone in camp. Hell, the pilot flew us to a tent camp, far into the bush and dropped us off for the week. There was no cell phone back then.:shrug:

In a misplaced effort to cheer her up I offered to go stay with my mother until she was sure the flu had run its course but as you can imagine, THAT didn't happen. :( I told her that she sure looked good to me, I had been in the woods for a week without womanly companionship. She did look good with all the weight she had lost. :razz:(Added a little joviality there) THAT didn't happen either. She just didn't care about my needs I guess.

I loved your story and you really do know how to paint a story with your words. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

I thought it was flunny as heck but I am sure it was not at the time!!

I'm not a 'stressful' type o' guy, but your story made me realize what stress was.

I hope you've had many good days since then, because after that day, you deserve it! Thanks for the story.

aj

You write very well and I seemed to feel every emotion, thanks for sharing with us.

trying unsuccessfully trying not to bust a gut laughing at another persons misfortune:rofl:
Only a woman could have done that without a murder charge being laid!!
Thanks Sheila:clapping::clapping:

n/t

Hope you pampered Ron on his return. :biggrin: Funny, funny tale Sheila though not at it's happening, I'm sure. :lol:

on here, all told how funny this was! One thought he deserved sex after being away from his wife for a week, the rest were so entertained by your way in the past experience, and only one said he could relate! (good on you, Ron! and hope you will pass your story along, No one told of a similar experience with them keeping the kids while the wife flew away on a trip.! Something is wrong with this picuture!

Of course back then, I suppose we were still young enough not to know anybetter than to try to be "supermoms"! Murphys Law has exasperated me more times than I can remember! I am glad this story was from long ago, because I sure got tickled reading it, and the letter you were writing to your honey who loved your letter. With three, when are we supposed to write letters??? I also raised three children, all daughters, who are now 36, 32, and 28. Then when I remarried 7 years ago, I inherited a son who was then 12, a daughter who was 9, and yet another son who was 11. (This was a moment of sheer temporary insanity!) :lol: How old are your children now?

Still, they remain the loves of my life, my best friends, I love them dearly. Just today I was telling my youngest (the one with new baby Hanna) that motherhood has no instruction book, and the tiny baby period passes by so quickly. Our Hanna is giving us both a run for our money, but when she is feeling good is a real delight!

Not crying yesterday, and not smiling much either. But at least "quiet" was good! :crazy:

Thanks for your story,and once again I cannot tell you how nice it is to have another woman around. :)

Although I bet it was anything but wonderful at the time...:lol: You are a very talented writer. Thank you for the laugh and a great story!

there would be a bounty on women! :D I get a bit tired of hearing about the put on women when they are mostly content with letting the man work his butt off so they can have a good life. They are expected to work their butts off 24/7 with a smile but many wimmins act like they are the only one that works.

Yes, a bounty of 2 cents an ear and a guy could get rich:rofl:

Thanks fella's, for your comments.

Thank you Sunny, for your sympathy, seems my girlfriends had more sympathy than the males I know too. I often think that Murphy must be a long lost dead relative of mine who is trying to jog my memory, or he's a nasty little ghost that uses me to try out his latest tricks.
I have 4 children, m 33, f 30, m 29, m 27 and every time I see them I find out more things that went on behind my back when they were young. Now I know why we get grey hair as we age.
Your Hannah is such a little cutiepie, I wish I just had one of them, but none on the horizon yet. You are a real trooper to start all over again after raising three already!(":thumbup:") I don't think I could have done it . . . once was enough! They say that God doesn't send you more than you can handle and I think he has sent me someone else's share sometimes.
Sheila.

she is in her mid forties and going to school to be a nurse. She just got a part time Job at the biggest teaching hospital in the area and was in seventh heaven.

I told her that I could tell she was excited but thought it was because she had just found out that she was pregnant again. There was a deathly silence on the line.

I think men and wimmins have a slight difference in their idea of humor...

I think you might be right about that Royal, there're some things we Sheila's never joke about. If she is in her mid forties, I think she would not think it funny to be pregnant. Good on her for taking another direction in life, I hope she succeeds beyond her wildest dreams. My eldest son is currently taking a pre-apprenticeship course to enable him to do an Electrician's apprenticeship. He will be 37 when he completes it.
Sheila.

the smartest thing I ever did was take an apprenticeship. It sure changed my life!!