Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The STONES! Part two.............

I hope I NEVER have those things...especially in some remote area.

Riveting story, Wayne. So sorry you had to suffer like that, but I bet it made you appreciate the good days!

aj

I had a few more incidents with the evil things over the next few years but the one that added insult to injury...........

Early Oct 1986

I was in the process of a divorce and had custody of my two girls 16 and 13-1/2(at their request) and was doing some dating. I had made a connection with a local nurse who seemed to have a lot going for her, such as a good attitude and built like a throughbred as well being interested in ME :biggrin:
I did not get to go on a proper date as i was involved in my outfitting busy season so made arrangements to go out with her when i got back in two weeks time between clients.
After finishing a long tough hunt successfully i was more than ready to party! Drove my hunters to the airport in Calgary, rushed home, cleaned up and rushed off barely in time to meet the gal at a local but semi classy country bar and grill which she suggested being a country gal herself, perfect!

All went well for a couple hours. She was real nice! After dinner we moved to the dance floor and all was mostly fine, though i had difficulty concentrating and it was much tougher during a slow dance and she was sorta smiling/smirking ;) Then i felt a bit of pain in my kidneys....OOOOOH NO! Can't be, must be a stitch from dancing i thought, knowing full well i was kidding myself.

It came on fast and i toughed it out for a while, trying to act normal until she said, whats wrong? Nuthin......hey she said, i'm a registered nurse with 5 years in ICU and i know hurtin' when i see it! After some stammering i admitted that i may have a kidney stone. She said she was gonna take me to the hospital pronto, i begged off and said i would be fine with a bit of rest. She knew i lived 25 miles out in the boonies and suggested that we go to her place where i could rest a bit and be close to the hospital ..... "in case i finally quit being a macho dim wit" ...... who? me?

When we got to her place i was praying heavily for a quick remission and some TLC, didn't even come close to happening! It got real bad and i finally ended up rolling in agony (and embarrassment) on her living room rug, she called the ambulance, saying......your going! And your not puking on my car seats! Ah sweet romance :rolleyes:

I called my oldest daughter from the hospital at about 2 am and of course terrified her, but had to explain why i would not be there when they got up for school and finally talked her out of rushing down to the hospital with her sister, saying they could not learn much while worrying about dad:cheekkiss: She had seen me with them before and was sure worried but conceded that they could do nothing and would go to school.

The damn thing finally passed the next morning with the help of some really good cheap drugs. My gal friend came to see me and i was so embarrassed i had trouble talking but all would have been fine if she had not laughingly mentioned that she had looked up and checked my medical records and that i seemed like a fine specimen other than the "STONES". Hmmmmmmmmm i said,...... lemme see yours. .....Nope, no way, Hmmmmmmmmm, aw c'mon, you saw mine, nope! The budding relationship kinda stalled there:biggrin:

Every time you describe these things, I go in a sort of paroxysm!!! It scares me buddy!!! The worst pain I have felt, other than the operations, was blowing an eardrum!!! But, we do get through them, albeit with some difficulty at times.

Another good, but scary, story!!

Fair winds

Mikie

pain. Bad things for sure and a pain no one ever looks to have again. The nurse sounded like a pretty good deal going but, stuff happens, and life moves on. My buddy Gary out your way just got his tags for Antelope in Wy and Elk in Washington State. He really likes the antelope hunts with the muzzle loaders. I've mention some of your stories to him and he was pretty impressed.

Good story but sure not good getting those stones. Hope thats the last of them for you ever.

Geo-CT

i had plenty of experience with Pronghorns. Mostly meat hunting in the early years, then guiding folks to those prairie speedsters later. They are fast but way dumber than a Whitetail Deer.
Perhaps if i get some impetus i will post a story about my learning to pot them;)

You had the kidney stones and lost your girlfriend all at the same time. Not too long ago, Royal had an operation for stomach stones or something like that...not kidney stones like you had. I suspect that nurse would have been the bossy type...trouble! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

"Let's see... car coming.. cross the road? Nope... um.. yup... um.. nope.... um.. yup..." Smack!!! :):

fair winds

Mikie

maybe better luck than i thought at the time;)
Have you been making any bike trips? I sure like the pics and stories about Texas towns.

n/t

n/t