Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The spectra comes through

njgreg

Look what the V found!!! It came in between 88 and 91 VDI using the coin Jewelry program It had a high narrow green hump on the graph. It was found in a field I am hunting at only around four inches deep. Lots of gravel mixed in the dirt. Had to stop hunting as I could not concentrate on what I was doing. I used water to clean it. I did not want to mess with it any more. Is this civil war period?

Glad you are having fun with your V3 ;-)

Jerry

Sure looks like a sword buckle nice going one way of another great find......

Wow. What a great fiend. It looks Civil War to me. Are you in an area where civil war activity was? Great job!!

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

jimmyk said:
Wow. What a great fiend. It looks Civil War to me. Are you in an area where civil war activity was? Great job!!

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

No, that's the strange part It was found in central NJ

I don't know Civil War relics, but I bet some guys on the Relic forum does. Congratulations Greg, she is a beauty.

njgreg said:
jimmyk said:

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

No, that's the strange part It was found in central NJ

Heck...there are Civil War Relics found in the west here. Oregon, California, Washington etc...and all have military environs from the era. Also, after the war, men took home lots of their clothing,guns and gear. Since then, much has been dispersed across the country. A neighbor kid actually found a Civil War rifle (in an old mining town) here in my neck of the woods! I've found 3 ringers and when I was 13, found a US buckle, at an old steamboat landing, on the Missouri in Montana (of all places?). The post war expansion was more of cultural and physical explosion, sending people and their stuff everywhere. If your find is from the era...it was probably brought home by an enlisted guy... and lost. Still the real deal. VERY NICE if from a battle field or not! Wonderful find and congrats:thumbup:

Very nice!!There are civil war relics all over .I have a buckle I found in western NY.Congrats on your find,Looks like the V came thru Big Time!

What you have is a Eagle Sword Belt Plate - Ref to this site for more detail.

http://www.corinthcivilwarrelics.com/dugusbuckles.html

MillerTime said:
What you have is a Eagle Sword Belt Plate - Ref to this site for more detail.

http://www.corinthcivilwarrelics.com/dugusbuckles.html

Great info and cool site thanks much

Very cool find:clapping:

There wasn't a battle there but plenty of soldiers came from there and some went back home. There is CW stuff any and everywhere. People sometimes find confederate stuff up north or out west. After the war people went everywhere and i'm sure a lot of "trophies" were carried back home by yankees and lost by the kids over the years. Keep looking!!!

J

Nice buckle,Greg,very nice! What does the emblem say above the eagle,I cant make it out?