Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The NIMH AA Recharge-ables Are not Adding Up

Hi guys,how bout my 2 cents worth.I have posted some info on a previous post about rechargeables but it has all been covered by previous responses on this post.Being an electronic technician for 35 years and also a ham radio operator i could try to dazzle everyone with my sheer brilliance but instead I'll just offer this.It's a fact that NIMH batteries will replace alkalines in many pieces of equipment,not just metal detectors.It's also a fact that they won't replace alkalines in everything.Instead of reading a lot of technical crap why don't you just try a set of NIMH batteries and if they work GREAT.If they don't then use them in a digital camera,a flashlight, or something else.At any rate i would treat them like alkalines-i always carry a spare set regardless of what kind i use.And Kered-recharging ordinary non-rechargeable alkalines WILL RESULT at some point in battery leakage in your detector.Thanks everyone and GOD BLESS.

Very well done guys,i guess i will give the NIMH-AA's another shot.Thanks for the effort you all put into this battery issue.I think it has helped a lot of other detectorist.I really believe in things like rechargeable batteries because i do live on a tight budget and it is great to know i can always just charge some up and go hunting.Thank you!.

I use fujicel and Sanyo and had great results but the newer ni-mh are even better, Eneloop(by sanyo)they hold at least 80% charge for a year so not much waste after charging if not used almost imediately
eneloop
more on eneloop

they will be my next purchase, google eneloop for more info,

I also use 280mah 9v rechargable in my pocket uniprobeprobe and used them in a tesoro golden umax, they seemed to last forever.
If you do a bit of research before buying your money won't be wasted like if you buy cheap chinese rechargables
As to chargers, i won't even go there, same thing, research saves a bit of money

http://www.geotech1.com/pages/misc/info/batteries.pdf

It's a few years old so it needs an update on costs but otherwise valid.

Cal Cobra,yes i just caught a segment clip on CNN about the future of batteries for portable electronic devices and CNN said Lithium will be it.You ever picked up a pack in the store like the Energizer Lithium's.They weigh less than half of what the alkalines do.Thanks for the info.