Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The new Equinox update has arrived :)

Will this upgrade change the VDI numbers? I installed version 1.0 and when I used it out in the field the numbers were different on the coins I was finding.

I downloaded and installed it on my 600. If I get time I will go to a place that has tons of crown caps that plagued me this summer. I already set the iron bias at F2. And the dimmer for the back light is the cats meow!

laplander said:
Download complete and functioning properly. Just 1 minute to do that's freaky fast. Will be trying some real world test results this morning not air test or test gardens.
HH Jeff

Looking forward to those test results...

Mike K

Mkus said:
It says windows 10? I have 7 it worked on the first update just wondering if it will work with this update?

mark

I was wondering the same thing as I am still using Windows 7. Forty percent (40%) of Windows users worldwide are still using windows 7 because of it's relative stability versus window 10 so why would Minelab require Windows 10 as a minimum to update?

Typical Minelab, they have good technology but are so asinine/inconsiderate regarding other things. I guess they are trying to force the 40% of us not using crappy Windows 10 to go out and buy a Window 10 computer in order to update our detectors. Are they in bed with Microsoft?

I just did the update using windows 8 on my 800 and it appears that it updated fine. I deleted the previous update as the instructions said before downloading the new update. Can easily switch from FE to F2 with the reject button as others have stated after going to advanced settings. Can't wait to see if it rejects the bottle caps. Probably the only down side with doing the update with windows 7 might be that you would lose your custom mode settings.Good luck. Let us know if your successful. Gary

First delete the 1.75 off your computer then do the 2.0 .....it failed for me too until I deleted 1.75 off the computer

I have been having problems doing the upgrade. So I called Minelab support and they are working with web download not working. Will not check or go to the upgrade.
also the website says windows 10 however about three weeks ago I checked my unit for what what version I had and it worked and that was on windows 7. So I am confused.
they also said they are working on the problem and will notify by email when they have the problem solved.
when I try to do it I get to the point where it says to connect the detector but nothing happens when connect it and turn it on.
I have tried on 5 computer and the last one was at my local library.

Doug

The download worked out fine for me. I tried it against a few bottle caps and it definitely has made an improvement on knocking them out. I had it set at F2 - 6 setting. I didn't try it in the field yet though! I think it's going to work out for the better!

Doug, have you tried the second cord that came with it?
I had to because one cord is ok for charging but not the software upload. Crazy I know but that worked for me.

Tony NJ

Donut said:
I have been having problems doing the upgrade. So I called Minelab support and they are working with web download not working. Will not check or go to the upgrade.
also the website says windows 10 however about three weeks ago I checked my unit for what what version I had and it worked and that was on windows 7. So I am confused.
they also said they are working on the problem and will notify by email when they have the problem solved.
when I try to do it I get to the point where it says to connect the detector but nothing happens when connect it and turn it on.
I have tried on 5 computer and the last one was at my local library.

Doug

If I were you, I would do the following: Delete the updater that you currently have on your computer. Download a fresh copy of the downloader (2.0.1). Open the updater and plug your Equinox into the USB Port. Turn on the Equinox and you should see a screen that tells you to download update 2.0! Hipefully this should work. Good luck!

BigTony said:
Doug, have you tried the second cord that came with it?
I had to because one cord is ok for charging but not the software upload. Crazy I know but that worked for me.

Tony NJ
yes I cleaned each one and neither will work. .
In two days i’ve tries 4 computers all had windows 7.
I know you said it dose work on window 7 The system requirements call for windows 10.
My unit is about 2 months old .

Doug

Doug,

I've got one machine running Win 7 pro, and it does the same thing as yours.

I found a way to make it work, by setting it's compatibility mode to WinXP w/SP3 .... then it worked perfectly.
Otherwise, like yours, it won't see the detector .... no matter what.

Here's how:
Find your shortcut to the update utility and right-click on it. (To make it easier for me, I put the utility on the desktop to make it easy to find.)
A menu will pop up with a lot of tabs.
One of those tabs says 'Compatibility'. Click on it.
The first check box there says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" Left click to turn it on.
Then there's a bunch of OS options.

I don't know if it even makes a difference which one you choose. (Mine defaulted to the WinXP with Service Pack 3, so I left it there.)
I suspect if you just choose compatibility mode for Windows 7, it would also work perfectly.

Apply the changes, plug in your detector, and run the program.
When it's looking for your detector, turn your detector on.
Within a second or two, it should see it, show your current version, and offer to do the update.

Hope this helps,
:)
mike

I just did it on windows 7 with no problem took about a minute!
just clicked on FE2 so the download is fine..
I just clicked on the link provided here and followed the steps first try no problems
Mark

I got an email from Minelab service today and the IT department is working on the download.
And there is a way to do it with Windows 7.
Please try using these steps for running your software updated on Windows 7.

1. Right click on the .exe file for the upgrade tool.

2. Click properties.

3. Click the tab that says ‘compatibility’.

4. Check the box that says run in compatibility mode.

5. Click the ‘apply’ button.

6. Click ‘OK’.

7. Right click on the .exe file.

8. Click ‘run as administrator’.

9. Power on your Equinox.

10. Plug in the Equinox.

trojdor said:
Huh,
That looks kind of familiar...LOL.

:)
mike
sorry , yes it is and I thought I would post what Minelab service emailed me today.
By the way thanks Mike.
I ended up going to a larger library and they were running Windows 10. Went in fine, took 25 min first time , next time system up date 10 min.
Doug

I did some testing this afternoon in my test garden.
Tested F2 - 6 against FE - 0 on these coins:
10 1\2" to 11" silver dime, quarter, wheat, nickel -
12" silver dime -
7" wheat with rusty nails placed vertically on each side.

I couldn't tell any difference in the response between the two IRON bias settings. F2 - 6 did not effect depth in my test. The signals were equally strong in each of the two settings.

I also tested the two settings on rusty bottle caps and the F2 - 6 did 100% better at identifying them as iron.

F2-6 will be my new Iron bias setting. I can't see any down side to it.
If anyone gets different results on a similar test please share them.
Of course everyone should do their own test in their soil.