Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The new Equinox update has arrived :)

Dan(NM)

https://www.minelab.com/equinox-software-update-2-0?fbclid=IwAR3QcyFBFqKsq-uzIG0tAhWewoMFjvKAP2DCuqhRGGIrzB7cR2GZG9i4L9g

I tried to download it, not working for me.

Downloaded the utility fine for me.

I'll try the update itself, and report back

Update:
Program worked, but says 1.75 is current version ... no 2.0 update listed yet.

Update #2:
Still no luck. I'lll update when it works for me. :sadwalk:

Update #3:
Same with both the Mac and PC versions, so far

It says that we will still have FE and that we will be able to switch to Bias FE2. But there is no instructions on how to do’ that and I wish they would add the information on there sight when explaining the new updates. Otherwise we have to wing it trying to figure it out.

Doug

Donut said:
It says that we will still have FE and that we will be able to switch to Bias FE2. But there is no instructions on how to do’ that and I wish they would add the information on there sight when explaining the new updates. Otherwise we have to wing it trying to figure it out.

Doug

Just downloaded the update. Now I cannot adjust my Iron Bias settings.

Dan(NM) said:
Donut said:

Doug

well that just made things a little confusing because it says you can.
Guess we’ll have to see what others say.,
I’m waiting to do the download because the sight was busy.

Donut said:
Dan(NM) said:
Donut said:

Doug

I did a factory reset, now everything is working(I guess) :)

Dan(NM) said:
Donut said:
Dan(NM) said:
Donut said:

Doug

I did a factory reset, now everything is working(I guess) :)
so how do you switch back and forth

Donut said:
Dan(NM) said:
Donut said:
Dan(NM) said:
Donut said:

Doug

I figured out how to access the new FE feature. Go to the iron bias setting, push accept/reject button(far right) Once there you can adjust the settings from 0-9 , what that does I cannot tell you

Mine still not working. Wonder if there's some kind of caching from the initial failure to update ...

Update:
Got it! Worked for both the 800 and 600.

They didn't update their rev number for the newer software updater download. It's still 2.0.1, but it's a larger file.

If you've downloaded the updater earlier today, and still can't see the update, re-download the updater .... even though the version says it's the same. (It's not.)

...now to turn down that backlight on the 600.
:)
mike

My initial impression of what I've found:

The updates went well with both the 600 and 800 .... and I did NOT have to do a factory reset.

The backlight update for the 600 is a Godsend!
Now, it has an off setting, the 'car headlights' setting, and now it uses the dimmest setting from the 800.
Which is absolutely perfect for night hunting! I love it. :thumbup:

The new iron bias FE2 setting (as pointed out by Dan) is toggled with the checkmark (accept/reject) button on the right.
The 600 defaults to an FE2 of 2 with only the options of 0,1,2,3.
The 800 defaults to an FE2 of 6 with the options of 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

It SEEMS (with the whole 5 minutes I spent testing it, lol) that the higher numbers have a greater effect.
And that the effect is more pronounced on the shallower 'troublesome' targets than the deeper ones.

Specifically, I got a couple of particularly bad bottle caps to break up badly close to the coil while using the higher FE2 settings.
The same bottle caps actually sound like great targets at the same distance when just using FE.

So I think it's going to fun testing it 'in the ground'.
(That whole 'bottlecaps sounding good' issue, was a pain at times.)

Good Luck, and HH,
:)
mike

trojdor , you say the 800 defaults to FE2 of 6 . That’s the fault the manual says now for the FE ?
So what is happening when you toggle with the check mark. .

Doug

Doug,

You bring up the advanced setting for iron bias, in the usual way. (per the manual)
Then, when you toggle with the check mark, the display changes back and forth from the letters FE to FE2. (alone with their current setting)

Both the FE and FE2 settings stay at whatever you set them to .... and are independent of each other.
But whichever you see in the display is the one you're using.

mike

Ted S said:
I may wait to do the download after I see some real world results....:detecting:
I’m with you I’ll wait doing fine now with mine..
Mark

Download complete and functioning properly. Just 1 minute to do that's freaky fast. Will be trying some real world test results this morning not air test or test gardens.
HH Jeff

It says windows 10? I have 7 it worked on the first update just wondering if it will work with this update?
mark

I still haven't been able to upload it. I followed the instructions. Connected, turned it on, saved the file to my PC, then nothing. No update to my detector at all. Any ideas?

Dwayne2010 said:
I still haven't been able to upload it. I followed the instructions. Connected, turned it on, saved the file to my PC, then nothing. No update to my detector at all. Any ideas?

what?? You download the update software if you havent in the past. Then you run the software -> connect your nox and turn it on -> the software automatically looks at the firmware version and lets you know if there is an update available -> you click to switch to version x.x and let the updater do its thing

well, I found a different link and it worked

https://www.minelab.com/usa/equinox-software-update-2-0