Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Multi-Frequency mode...

Great post OP. I concur and thought the same thing. One of the best things about fbs is the depth and the information it provides on what's in the ground at depth. Through the use of both the FE-CO scale and tonal information provided from multi-conductive sounds. So I'll be curious to see how the equinox matches up in that sense, I.D. at depth.

Jason in Enid said:
sgoss66 said:
I agree, very good post from Jason. BUT -- I am not sure this is likely to be exactly correct. I would believe that they may be dealing with the ground mineralization with one or more frequencies, in multi-freq. HOWEVER, if you are running, say, 5kHz single freq., Park mode, while coin hunting, and then you switch to "multi-frequency" while in Park mode... the designer has already said that the frequencies used in multi-freq. Park mode will be "appropriate" for that mode, so let's say it's 5, 10, and 15 kHz. If the 10 and 15 kHz channels, lets say, are just for ground compensation, while 5 kHz is the "detecting channel," then WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER choose 5 kHz single freq., when you could choose multi-freq, still hunt at 5 kHz, but have the ground being compensated for in a superior way using other frequencies? I can't see why you'd ever WANT the single freq. 5 kHz, if it is set up the way Jason is suggesting. You'd ALWAYS want the ground compensated for in a more "robust" way using multi-frequencies, no? I HAVE TO BELIEVE, at this point, that the multi-freq. option uses algorithmic comparisons of at least two different frequencies (that are being used as "detecting" frequencies), and comparing the signal of those two to give a better, more accurate target ID, no?

Again just speculating, but I wonder...

Steve

I think you missed understood what I wrote. From what I read, there are 2 things happening at the same time. 1 - you have a ground circuit using a multi-freq program sensing the ground minerals. 2 - you have a detecting circuit using a selectable single freq or a multifreq based on the mode you selected.

Ahh, gotcha Jason. I did misunderstand.

I can definitely see this. I agree that there would seem to be some kind of "ground circuit," and THEN, with that running in the background to "eliminate" mineralization, either the choice of a single-frequency detecting mode, or a multi-frequency detecting mode.

That makes sense.

Steve

Jason in Enid said:
sgoss66 said:
I agree, very good post from Jason. BUT -- I am not sure this is likely to be exactly correct. I would believe that they may be dealing with the ground mineralization with one or more frequencies, in multi-freq. HOWEVER, if you are running, say, 5kHz single freq., Park mode, while coin hunting, and then you switch to "multi-frequency" while in Park mode... the designer has already said that the frequencies used in multi-freq. Park mode will be "appropriate" for that mode, so let's say it's 5, 10, and 15 kHz. If the 10 and 15 kHz channels, lets say, are just for ground compensation, while 5 kHz is the "detecting channel," then WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER choose 5 kHz single freq., when you could choose multi-freq, still hunt at 5 kHz, but have the ground being compensated for in a superior way using other frequencies? I can't see why you'd ever WANT the single freq. 5 kHz, if it is set up the way Jason is suggesting. You'd ALWAYS want the ground compensated for in a more "robust" way using multi-frequencies, no? I HAVE TO BELIEVE, at this point, that the multi-freq. option uses algorithmic comparisons of at least two different frequencies (that are being used as "detecting" frequencies), and comparing the signal of those two to give a better, more accurate target ID, no?

Again just speculating, but I wonder...

Steve

I think you missed understood what I wrote. From what I read, there are 2 things happening at the same time. 1 - you have a ground circuit using a multi-freq program sensing the ground minerals. 2 - you have a detecting circuit using a selectable single freq or a multifreq based on the mode you selected.

Steve I think you are very close. One thing I gleaned from watching videos is that in multi-freq the top 40Khz channel may not be the highest frequency it uses for analysis.

My deepest coin was 24 inches, a 1843 copper half penny. I used a Pulse machine. My VLF did not make a sound. I find that sometimes Minelab misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity

they are obsessed with XP its blinding them..