Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Memorable Gift

Hey Wayner......I hope I'm not sounding like some dweller of the past. I was just looking out my patio doors, lookin' at the white ground and in need of a shave. Funny how some memories return that we forgot were even there.

my maternal granddad use to shave at a washpot on a wood stand next to the front door while looking into a mirror on the wall,water heated on the stove and then poured into the pot for shaving.he wore bib overalls,don't remember him wearing anything else,but the memory it brought back was the smell of his after shave,don't remember what kind it was but it came in a slender long necked bottle.i knew that when i got older i was going to get me some:).
what i thought was old fashioned has become ancient,and what i thought was cool has become old fashioned,technology changes that.i know everybody our age at least had some plastic army men to play with in the dirt,launching imaginary battles in our minds for hours it would seem and when holidays would roll around firecrackers served as bombs.

one year for christmas i got two army men that were about six inches tall,they had their rifle in one hand carried in a clinched fist while the other hand was balled in a fist and they were bent at the waist as if scurrying at a fast clip.
i cut the rifle out of their hands with a hacksaw so that the looked like they were ready to fight,everytime i took a bath they went went with me to fight to the death,what memories:).

when we were growing up. They were THEIRS, and if I tried to play with them they would yell like little girls! This is also a nice memory you hold! :)