Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Light In the Sky !!.......??

Roughly forty years ago, our family had moved from it's original dwelling on Charl Street. Our move found us the occupants of a home better equipped for us eight kids and our parents. It was roughly two miles from where I reside today and is still a nice place to raise a family. Honest, hard working people with schools aplenty. Your nice, friendly, average neighborhood. Our house sat three lots from the corner of a side street. Maybe thirty yards away on this sidestreet from our corner stood the Catholic gradeschool that many of us kids attended. It's still in use today. Our walk to this school took no more than a minute, two minutes if you stopped to chat, so it was a very short jaunt at best. At most, a total of eighty yards......maybe. The view from our humble kitchen window had you facing north, looking directly at this corner with the edge of the school lot in sight. It's from this vantage point where my strange story has it's origins. I was in my early teens at the time and the season was middle fall. Late October, I do believe. My mother was baking on this evening and I remember her putting me to work stirring the filling for one of her lemon merangue pies. The kitchens smaller dimensions made it easy to lean a bit and peer thru the window while doing any task from our stove. The sink was directly under this window also and this is where my mother was standing. It was around eight P.M. and the stars in the sky shone clearly. I was chatting away and asking mom some meaningless questions while she was busy washing up some of the dishes from her baking. As we chatted, the two of us were peering out the window, taking in the fall evening sky. And like a giant lightbulb had just been turned on, there above our gradeschool, suspended in air, appeared a massive white glow. Sitting there ! It's dimensions roughly covered the area of the school itself. It's round shape was clear to the eye and it was rotating swiftly and silently. As clear as yesterday, I recall my mother calling out my fathers name to quickly come and see what we saw before us. Don, get in here. Come and look at this. The three of us stood in the kitchen, peering at this strange whirling light for what appeared to be twenty or thirty seconds. Not knowing what to do or think, my father instinctively ran out to our front porch, with my mother and I not far behind. We now stood outside, unobstructed by the windows glass and watched in wonderment at the strange object that sat hovering silently in the air, not more than eighty yards from where we were. Another twenty or thirty seconds passed by when this strange light vanished from view. We did not see it move. It simply vanished. We looked up and around the evening sky and lo and behold, there it was again, off to our right, in the eastern sky. It had distanced itself and sat higher than when first viewed, but it was still clearly visible and easy to see. We were mumbling God knows what to each other as we observed this weird happening. A few seconds later, it vanished, never to be seen, by us anyways, again. It was not northern lights. It was not an airplane or helicopter. It was silent. I'm not purporting to know what it was. But I do know what it wasn't !! Very, very strange ! I have never seen anything like it since though for years after I did keep my eyes towards the sky. And, I am not some attention seeking crazed fool. I've often wondered if others have ever seen or experienced an odd happening such as this. I've never told this story, except to a few close friends. I didn't want to risk looking like a nut. But, you know what ? I know what I saw. And it is something I will never be able to explain !!

no kidding, ROB...go rent the movie "War of the worlds" I just watched it and...........well, makes yah wonder what if someday

no one is going to think you are weird or kooky, if they do then we will give them an attitude adjustment:poke:

When folks see something unnatural, they have a tendency of not saying anything about it because of the fear of ridicule. I wonder if what you saw could have been some type of space vehicle from goodness knows where? I have never seen a flying saucer, do not even know if there is such a thing, but too many folks have seen something that can not be explained.

I do not think I would have ventured outside to see what it was...safer watching it from inside the house. What if it was a flying saucer and they decided you were a threat to them...zap, you would have been history in a puff of smoke, no more Rob.

This is a very interesting story and I wonder if anyone else on the Forum has ever seen something like what you saw or something similar. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading about it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Maybe best if we don't have all the answers anyway. Cool story and I hope you get a chance to witness something like that again.

The streets and homes that now sit nearby the school were not yet developed. It was the strangest darn thing I ever saw.

Who'd believe ya anyway if you did tell that story. I'd certainly understand a measure of uncertainty. It's not something that happens everyday. It's a big universe.....who knows ? And God only knows what the military folks have hidden from the populace.

to be sure we were seeing what we were seeing. It was done without thinking. It's not something that I wrapped my life around Fred. As time separated me from the event, it became less significant. But it sure raised a few questions ! Funny thing.....you start to question your memory of it after a while. But I've never really forgotten it !

"swamp gas" :laugh: Seriously, there have been two times when I saw something in the sky I couldn't explain.

The first was when I was at a Drive-in theater. The screen was Westward of the entrance to take advantage of the shadow, backed up by a small hill. I was about six rows back, laying on a blanket as that was how us kids used to do on warm nights. I spotted what appeared to be an evening star just above and to the left of the screen. As I watched, it began to move in very erratic movements. Darting left then right or diagonally without any sound. It kept this up for over five minutes and by then most of the people were out of their cars watching. Never did find out what it was or heard anything more about it. When I asked my dad about it, he was a Lt.Col. in SAC, I was told to mind my business and keep my trap shut.

The second, happened a few years later, around 69' or so. Each summer the local church put on a couple of lobster suppers. All the fixins were prepared ahead of time and had to be kept refrigerated. The amount of food required soon exceeded the capacity of the church's fridge so they used a local farm stand's walk in cooler. As I was helping to load food in a station wagon, I saw a brilliant light coming North up the river valley. Normally, we see planes that fly up this way from the Lebanon airport. The difference here was that this light was shining down, not forward. As it approached, there was absolutely no sound, no motor or prop noise. Myself and at least four other people from the church watched as it approached. Just before passing overhead, the light went out but there was still no sound. Weird or what?

Dave

that I wasn't delusional. I remember every detail of that evening. Right down to the lemon merangue pie ! I hate wondering if I might be crazy when in my heart I know I'm not. To be honest, there's times when I'd prefer not to have seen anything. It's the oddest dang thing. Makes you question your own reality. But I don't dwell on it or even think of it all the time. And I have rarely spoken of it for obvious reasons.

I have seen unexplained lights myself. Did any of your neighbors see it too? It seems that if it was that bright someone else would have seen it.

I rememeber back in the early 60's my wife, kids and I were at a drivein and a Metior came across the sky that made it as bright as day for at least 5 full seconds. It was strong enough to cast sharp shadown! Truely amazing. I heard the next day that it landed in Ontario somewhere.

This does not seem like what you saw though.

Interesting post!

seen anything even close to that rob,i see it's still pretty vivid to you,i'd bet most people would have pretty good recall on an experience like that.

good thing i did not have my rifle as i always wondered if those things would go "ding!" or "bong!" :biggrin:

Just to compare what you saw. I'd be curious to know.

I recall about fifteen yrs. back seeing a Russian satellite disintegrate as it entered the earths atmosphere.(that's what was reported in the news) Our whole midnight shift saw it also. We were waiting at the top of the collar waiting for the man cage to go underground. That was pretty neat. It was one bright light streaking across the sky and when it broke up it resembled the shape of a flock of geese.(in a V shape) Only it was lit up. The other thing I spoke of was nothing remotely close to this.

but the short version is that one night in the early 60's on a lonely hiway north of Edmonton, a large bluish object hovered over and in front of my car, stalling it and killing the lights for a bit, also scaring the crap outta us! it then shot away to hover half a mile away, finally leaving in a blur of speed.
The car restarted and we got the hell outta Dodge! Wished i had my 7mm mag tho, teach that critter not mess with my car, or maybe get me barbecued:biggrin: i would chance it though cause those things are arrogant and i have a temper at times like that:shrug: