Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Hay Loft Chronicles (Part II)

playing in the hay because of snakes. For some reason, rattlesnakes loved to live under the hay and I always dreaded picking up the last bale for fear of a snake being under it. At one time we had a large Corn Snake that lived on top of the bales in one of the barns. He would stretch out and never bothered anyone and we left him alone because he would help the cats catch field mice. He lived there for a few years then disappeared.

Arkie John, I enjoyed this story...it brought back some great memories. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

...though they DO inhabit his area, are not so prevelant as they are in Texas. I can remember encountering only three in all the time I have ever spent in the woods.

But...I STILL look for 'em anytime I am afoot in the woods. Glad you liked the Hay Loft Chronicles. I enjoyed writing them.

aj

Only got to visit barns a few times when I was a kid. Usually a great aunt or something of that nature. But I can recall the smell of an old barn and remember looking up to the hay lofts. What a great hangout, especially in the fall. Just thinkin' about young kids roaming the rafters can't help but make ya smile. Give me that over an X-box anytime. A great childhood memory Arkie. And one that I believe every kid should experience. That's living, even if we didn't know it at the time ! Another great tale !!:clapping:

...we'll come up with another one soon. I wouldn't mind going back to an old barn sometime this fall or winter. It would STILL be fun, even though I wouldn't be leaving via the rope! :lol:

aj

only one hay barn. It was located at Cherry Hill Farm,in Beverly.It was owned by The Cherry Hill Milk company,and was a working farm,where family's could picnic,and purchase milk,and ice cream. You were allowed to watch the cows being milked etc. We did sneak in the hay barn,and had the tunnels and hidden rooms. Three 1/4's of the barn were for hay,the other 1/4 was all sawdust. We would be on top of the hay,waiting for the hands to come in,and get some sawdust.We would then push piles of sawdust on thier heads,then skedaddle in the deep tunnels,while the hands came in with pitchforks looking for us! We never thought about any rats or snakes in there with us! :D Thanks for the memories!!