Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Guardian Bell............

Have had the same one since 1987, my dad gave it to me when I got my first bike:)

n/t

Do you know how your father knew about the Guardian Bell? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I have to say I do not have what it takes to step across one of those machines , learned early on that a mini-trail 50 was to much for me .... on the other hand I have most if not all of my cousin of both sexes ride .... just about an even split between Harley's and Ricer's ..... most of the guys have had at least on or more rides to the hospital ..... got to hand it to them they get back on and ride ....I hope you never have to have that ride to a hospital or have prove to yourself you can get back on if the worst happens ..

Happy Trails and Clear Open Road Always to All who Ride ..

Bill G.

Kelley I am not much good at story telling but here ya go.

My father, who used to take me for rides on his bike when I was a little guy had his bell tied on the bottom frame of his Harley with a little strip of leather, when I asked about it he told me my uncle who was a road captain with a motorcycle club gave him his to keep evil spirits from hitching rides.

So on the day I got my first bike I came home and my father was sitting in the driveway of our house cleaning his bike and told me to go into the garage and get him a towel to finish wiping it down, and there sat a 1983 wide glide(I love the old ones). After running a few laps around the house and yelling like it was the end of the world for another half hour:biggrin:My dad tells me to pack some clothes we are going to Daytona for bike week, all this about 3 weeks before I leave for boot camp. To this point me and my father had never been really close not in the sense that we hated each other but he was a military man for 32 years and was not big on showing what he felt, it just kind of went without saying.

About 1 hour into the trip we stop to eat at this small restaurant, we pull up, park and when I put down the side stand I hear something ring and there is a small bell tied to the frame with a small strip of leather. I looked back at my dad who just smiles and says you can never be to careful. The trip brought me and my dad very close, we spent 2 weeks just us and I found out a lot about him that I never knew.

My father no longer rides as his health will not permit and although this may sound stupid, every time I hear that bell ring when I take a ride I think about that trip and how close it brought me and my father, so it holds more meaning to me than just keeping me safe from road gremlins.

He sold his bike and gave me the bell he had on it, I wear it tied to my body armor now with a small strip of leather, I guess you can never be to careful. :)

I loved this story and I wish that Royal or Wayne would pull it aside and post it as a story all it's own! Silverstar, you just made my day with this story...please post another story when you have time. It is great that you and your father bonded on that trip. Thanks for posting such a wonderful story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

As it will come out under the name of the one who posts it. If the gentleman would copy and paste it into a new post we would be happy to do it.:)
Wayne

What kind of bike did you get yourself ? Hope you're enjoying it and all is well with you and Debbie. :) Got some catching up to do. :thumbup: