Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The first F5 to be shipped has landed in my hot little hands...

Can we please see some photos of the F5 and the Coil that came with it. All the information I have seen says it comes with a 10 eleptical concentric????

For the techies who like to know more info than most the manual explains the relationship between the phase readout and phase loss angle.
The readout is does not indicate actual phase loss angle but rather a scaling of the signal used to GB the machine.
They do provide a chart that matches up phase readout with phase loss angle
As an example the max readout is a phase of 99 and indicates a loss angle of -1.5 degrees and is at the upper tolerance to ferrite.
On the low end would be a readout of 0 which is a loss angle of 90 degrees and would indicate no iron mineralization such as is found in white sugar sand in places of florida.
Plus the chart shows 8 other angle in between 0 and 99.
scott

tonight I will take pics of the display and coil with a ruler along side it. Now it coul be a 5x10 eliptical....I was only rough comparing to the Whites coil..it is a bit larger than their mid eliptical which what...5x8...I forget.
The F5 coil is NOT like the small WHites eliptical which is tiny and only for special hunting.
As I look at my desk ruler I think the F5's coil could be 10 long maybe and about 5" wide. Anyway it is smaller than the t2 and 75 coil but maybe only by 20-25%.
This is nice actually as the 75 coil is too long and obtrusive for most of my detecting even field hunting.
Wait until tonight...say around 9:00 EST and I will try and get some pics.
scott

n/t

[quote robert roy]"Lackluster" Definitions of lackluster on the Web:

lacking brilliance or vitality; "a dull lackluster life"; "a lusterless performance"
lacking luster or shine; "staring with lackluster eyes"; "lusterless hair"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Not sure how to understand your reference to the manual?:shrug:
Are you saying the manuals are not very clear? No really.
Not looking to argue just want to be sure I get your drift.:confused:

Regards
Robert R:detecting:[/quote]

If you've seen the Coinstrike manual you would catch my drift. Perhaps "spartan" would be a better choice of words, although I believe lackluster suits it just fine. The F4 manual is better, but it's a much simpler machine, so there's less to explain.

Brian

I think they changed the frquency on the F5 up to 7.8? or something, I think it is the same frq wise as the BH Platinum, which may have a different size coil.

Scott thanks for taking the time to share your insights on the F5. It's looking like a very nice machine and so far it 's definitely looking like a step up from the F4.

I'm really curious to see where the F70 stands as well.

Also, for those that don't know, First Texas is releasing three new Teknetics Titanium machines:

Findmall post with New Teknetics Flyer

So that's five new machines so far for 2008, good news IMO, choices are always a good deal in my book.

Yep all these machines are from First Texas.

It's interesting to see so many new machines coming from one company while companies like Whites repackages their 10 year old machines with 12" coils and launches them as their 2008 product line...if that's innovation I can hardly wait to see what comes out in 2009...may they'll come with a 15" coil :rofl:

I'm very curious about how that coil will work on it.......
Thanks for your reports, and sorry we never got a chance to hook up & do some cellar holes back here.
If ya get back this way sometime to visit, the offer still stands.....
HH,
Bill
PS. hey, maybe you can go look for the "Lost Dutchman's mine" out there :)

I never seem to stay out west more than a year. I get a chance to wamr up and dry out...and then end up moving back. Right now my wife and kids want to move back...but we will see:)
For now...I get to hunt 100 year old sites and have to be happy that those..are considered old!!!
Scott
PS...I don't have the 75...although maybe I can get Bill to call Da Fish and find out which coils work with the F5.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the great info so far! I (we) really appreciate it!!

I have one question on the ground balance setting vs the phase readout. Do the 2 numbers match when you are ground balanced? For example, if the phase readout when pumping the coil reads say, 88, will that also be the GB number when adjusted for a neutral response?

Sorry if I'm being thick here I just want to clear it up.

Thanks
Tom

However the manual tells you to do it by pumping the coil and adjusting for threshold changes in all metal. I did test it by just setting the GB to the phase number and then tested to see if it was correct in all metal and it was very very close....if not right on.
Scott

That makes it easy. Hoperfully it will hold true over a wide range of ground conditions.

Tom

Given the mineralization info and GB being tied in with it, do you guys think this machine has a chance on wet salt beaches ? Or do we leave that challenge to the multifreq machines ?