Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The first computor programmers... A short history

n/t

n/t

were in the service. My mother worked at GM during the war, building Duck's, the landing craft our men used in beach landings.

we can get MONEY for our suggestions, if they are adopted. I was a great believer in the program and pushed my suggestions. I had over 160 pay off in my 42 years. I know of nobody that had more success but like I said, I pushed the hell out of them if they were good ones. Some were only worth a 25 dollar bond but I had at least one worth 20 thousand dollars. Now that was nice.

I had many pay off but I turned in one heck of a bunch over the years that did not get excepted. I got really screwed on some but was pleasantly surprised with the amount of some. Like the 20 thousand dollar one. I figured it was worth a couple hundred but they did the figuring.

I have seen management steal peoples ideas and try with others but I always got mine in writing before I even mentioned them.

Many people have been screwed

n/t

20,000 is good money now,bet you went out to eat a couple of times on that money:),some guy in chicago could change the stack pattern on some product and get more on a boxcar and get a promotion but the result of this change would be more damaged product and slower unload times but they didn't see that:unsure:.

n/t

n/t