Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Feds and Metal Detector Depth

Well I'll be dipped! Thin skin on this one! I'm an NRA member and long time republican voter so you have WAY TOO THIN a political skin! Trying to be light heartred with the Bushie Boys thing. If I had said Bush was responsible for the Fcc rules it would be one thing, but I did'nt. Those rules have been around for as long as DIRT. When The 1979 ARPA statutes were pased,(LOOK IT UP) and when the Feds took control of 200 years of Admiralty law to prevent divers from ship salvage at the pushing of the activists like Dr.Bass at Texas A&M and other so-called underwater "experts", I was boiling mad. I am for FREEDOM from the feds and the social liberal activists who infect the Federal Government and Universities. So you got it wrong. If I had said something about Clinton would it make feel better? O.K Clinton stinks and the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary is larger than allowed by law and is illegal, is that better?

I said 5 watts, not milliwatts, and one of the other posts makes sense about the feedback issue. Watts and Milliwatts are not the same. As for the FCC giving up on enforcement of civilian RF transmission limits for the new wireless devices, think again.Most are well under the Fed. Limit.

ya, well I have had so many pins pointed in my direction over the years they don't penetrate the scar tissues anymore! Anyway,since the post was about another example of the Feds having an impact on Metal Detectors, and the FREEDOM of companies to build the best they can rather than be hamstrung by regulations from the Beltway,it was hard not to have a little fun with the topic. You guys really should look up the Fed. Arpa Statutes as they directly interact with the hobby. For instance, say you are on some parts of Cape Cod at a diner having breakfast, and you come out and find your metal detectors and vehicle confiscated and you under arrest? Huh? on a public street at a public diner? Yep, could happen if you do not have your detectors broken down and in a case with no batteries installed. Not likely, but under Arpa in certain circumstances, say a grumpy hung over National Park Service employee stops at the same diner for breakfast and sees your stuff in the car and he wants to be a hero, you are screwed. I basically am an ANTI Government sort, whether Republican or Democrat government.The Federal law is the 1979 Archeological Resources Protection Act,and yes the Feds consider pulltabs and wheat pennies to be Archeological Resources.Old news to those of us that have been around for a while, but some of the new folks might have no clue about the BULL%^$&% the archeologists, whose paycheck comes from the Feds, or writing books and making movies about how all treasure hunters are looters and grave robbers, have managed to encode into Federal Law.