Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The birds are already forming a line............

We use to put them in the garden and they did work at keeping the birds away. We would move them around to a different spot each day so that the birds would not figure out that they were fakes. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

I caught a nice fat rascal in my garden a half hour ago. I hope he was the one eating the frogs in my dang pond. I took him for a ride and turned him loose. I could have mailed it to Wayner if I had known he was in need. Put a couple rats in there to keep him healthy until Wayner took over. I am sure Carol would have thanked me for such thoughtfulness:thumbup:

The fellow and his wife who have the extensive arrowhead collection [he is a cougar/bear hunter] are the ones who told me about this trick. They use it for crows/ravens on their property. Keeps the bears away too.

Fair winds

Micheal

but the Garter Snakes do not climb trees and the Birds ignore them. I wish they would eat the frogs in my pond because it is right below out bedroom window and this year we went without sleep for a while in the spring from them danged things telling the world what big studs they are! You woulda swore they had stereo speakers:ranting:
We had a couple large frogs before but this is a new and different batch of small noisy ones and the pond is full of tadpoles, best i start to throwing more snakes in!

I don't know if it'll work on birds or not, but the post engineers at FT Stewart, Washington, have a way of getting skunks out from under buildings without them spraying. They get a boombox & a looped heavy-metal tape & put it under the building at full volume. First the skunks kick dirt on it & when it won't
shut up they leave & never come back.

TexasCharley

Actially it was FT Lewis, on the edge of the Olympic National Forest. Which, incidentally, is where most of Audie Murphy's movie To Hell And Back was filmed.

Texas Charley