Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Belgium-Made Browning

It's no lightweight by any stretch. It was a 3" magnum, the biggest made back then.

Daddy had a 20 gauge, 16 guage and a 12 gauge, each Belgium-Brownings, vent rib gold trigger. He took his family, his work and his play (hunting and fishing) very seriously.

Thanks for reading and posting Vlad.

aj

spent the night there, and got up to 8 inches of new snow! Well,........I been wantin' to SEE it, not drive in it. Anyway, we were blessed following three salt and sand trucks down and back up the mountain to where our condo is, but it was slow going. Bitterly cold, but beautiful. Right now, everyone is out somewhere! I skied down the mountain three times myself with riding the lift with a bunch of guys that didnt speak much English. Then, I decided I was smarter than doing this to myself, and am not back at the condo. The internet here sucks and keeps going down. I'll keep trying though. By the way, I didn't fall ANY! I keep thinking about my wrist that I broke and it's really sore, and so is my other places. So.........i think I will just stay by the fireplace and drink a lot of buttered rum! It's pretty........but you know how I had MUCH rather be at the beach! ILY, Sis

I envy you guys the early experiences you had with your dad. I sorta had to learn the hard way and made a bunch of mistakes over the years. It sounds like you Pa was a wise man.

RIght at the beginning when you were discribing that turkey being so close I was wondering about that 32 in barrel with the full choke! Like shooting a dang 22!! Feller just don't hold as fine with a shotgun as a rifle. I would have loved to have seen it. I would not have been as kind as your Pa though! I would have posted it in the :rofl:local paper

...I've done my share of messin' things up, beginninng with shootin' Fullington's dog with bird shot. There was hell to pay not only for me but Linda and Tommy as well, each time we went to their store. It was the only one in walkin' distance.

Such is life. :lol:

aj

Take your A-5 & shoot a moose and make chocolate moose and eat that instead....:rofl:

...will be done at the hand of the deadly Matthews and an arrow tipped with a 75 grain miniblaster.

Since there are no moose down here, I reckon I'll just have to settle for the pie. Thanks for posting.

aj

Sounds like you and your Dad really enjoyed hunting. Great way for people bond for sure. Your comment on the 3 and 1 oil reminded me of the same thing except we used Hoppies #9 oil with a distinct scent. I still use it. Think its banana oil. I to was taught to wipe them off when you were doing handling them. I still do. Along the coast line here it don't take long for the salt from your hands to attack the bluing on them. I had a couple of Browning Belgium made pistols over the years but no shotguns. My first shot gun, that I still have was given to me by my father at age 12. A 20 gauge Fox Model BST Double barrel. I still use it, my son Andy still uses it and it is still in nice shape after many ducks hunting adventures along with pheasants, crows, squirrels, skeet, trap and what have you. Even got my first deer with it. We have alot of turkey here on the farm and they are in the yard alot of down by the barn about every day scratching thru horse droppings in the winter when pickings are slow and all that undigested grain is there.
So many turkey here they are competing with the deer for acorns for winter feed. Now the state has introduced Fisher Cats to kill off some of the turkeys. Problem is chickens are on their menu also, mainly mine. So there are less Fisher Cats around here now.

Great story and reminded me of a few duck hunting trips of my own.

Thanks for post, great way to start my day laughing. Your statement of knocking a turkey in the dirt at 50 yards cracked me up.....

George-CT

I just like them around the place and enjoy them. These all lay eggs in the nice weather but not in the winter. I like roosters and enjoy hearing them crow in the morning, or middle of the night like they usually do. They can't tell time at all....LOL..... They eat bugs so thats all they need to do to keep me happy. They are just yard pets.

Geo-CT

prefer a farm fresh egg to a bought one any ole day! I know they are the most well fed chickens in Benton, and in the spring and summer we have to GIVE eggs away! I thought I had our lot thinned out to just one rooster, and then went out there yesterday, and danged if there aren't three of them. Oh well,...........May the best rooster win! :lol:

I wish I had that turkey problem back here. I have not seen a bird since I killed the one the week before Thanksgiving!

Man, I always coveted those Fox double barrels! The workmanship is just superb!

I really enjoyed your post, George. By the way, what is a "Fisher Cat?" Never heard of 'em.

aj

house here. If I open the door them come running up and I toss out a handful of corn. then they steal horse grain and feed also. They do well and like yours eat well. I never eat them. They die, I give them a nice burial. I know the rooster fights, I had 22 of them at one time. Rough neighborhood for awhile....but lots of singing day and night.... We also have more eggs then we can eat. I have a few old timers close by a little short on cash so we give them to them. Your right, no comparison in taste or color. I'lll take a few shots of some of them... I have silkies around here also. Usually they are not wrapped to tight. stupid....

George-CT