Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Artful Dodger

and letters that he left for us! I think you have seen it, but have forgotten. Somehow, you look............taller! :rofl:

And mommas always cry when one of their babies have to go away, no matter how old they might be! They were really proud of you, I know that! ILY, :)

That's sayin' something--especially in times back then.

Thanks for the response. Now. I gotta read YOUR latest!

aj

I had just turned 17 when I went down and joined the Marines. My cousin was joining and since I was flunking all my classes, I joined too.

I remember the day clearly when I got on that train and headed for boot camp. Marine Boot camp was really an eye opener and getting through it was still one of my proudest accomplishments

Anything that requires that much blood, sweat and tears is much deserved to be remembered with a certain kind of awe and reverence.

I wouldn't give you five bucks for five more minutes of it though! :lol:

aj

when I reported to the Navy induction, I passed everything till the last Doc. He took one look at my hip scars and booted me out. I wanted to be a bubble head but twas not to be. Glad ya did so good!

Dave