Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thanks everyone.....ordered new GTI2500

GetRdone

Wish to thank you all for you replies and thoughts, just ordered new 2500 from Ron in Tenn. That makes a total of 3 Garrett's for me and my wife, got her a ACE250 and now me with the 2500 and the old reliable ADS 111, should have taken my wifes advice in the beginning and ordered the garrett, probably will be looking for advice in the future on the new machine, thanks again.:clapping::thumbup::garrett:

Yes, got the package, hope to receive it soon, so I can get back in the swing< went out with the old ADS111 , today, dug several coins, all glad, but at least they were down there 4"-5", better than the competors top of the line, HA. Will try and report on my luck, with the new garrett, when, I get it. Don't have a camera so can't post pictures, anyway, thanks again for your input John.:thumbup::thumbup:

Was wondering at what depths members are finding silver coins now, back in the early 80's I was finding seated liberty's, barbers and indain head's at, anywhere from 3" to 5", was wondering how much further down they had managed to work themselves, and at what depth's I should expect to find them. :detecting:

Most htat I have found have been 2 to 4 inches.

The 2500 and 250 are a great team. You should do good with them. I take both with me when I hunt. I keep the sniper coil on the 250 for trashy areas. I also have my trusty old ADS III too, still a good MD. In my opinion Garretts are the only way to go they're great machines and seem to last forever.
God Bless
HH
KY Bud

I like the challenge of pulling silver coins from hammered sites. So I've been going over known old sites with the 2500, where I'd spent a lot of time with my Minelab and WOT.
In around 40 hours of 2500 detecting time (mostly with the 12-1/2" coil), I've gotten the following (honest depths):
SL quarter - 9"
Merc - 7-8"
Indian - 5+"
several Wheaties up to 7"
'42 Washington - 6"
Walker half - 6" (solid signal)

It will go deep, and seems to like silver!

Thanks for the input, Iowa's soil is pretty mellow so i'm assuming the good old coins are pretty deep, the old ADS111 did a great job in the 80's, just thought with 20 years gone by, and my not being involved in the hobby, i'd like some opinions on coin depths. Took my old ADS111 out yesterday and dug several clad coins at 4"-5", so fiqured the old coins had to be getting down a lot deeper, i'm not a real fan of clad coinage, the coins I dug yesterday, especially the pennys were badley corroded, anyway thanks for the reply and happy hunting, God Bless.:thumbup::detecting:

Hey, thanks for the info, I hope the 2500 will find them here, live in Iowa where the soil is pretty mellow, in the 80's I was digging old coins at 3"-5", so fiqured they had to be a lot deeper now, what program have you been using to get to them, if you don't mind sharing that information, I'd like to know, also from what state do you hale from, thanks again, God bless.:thumbup::detecting:

A wise decision. Between the two of you there should be some nice finds. Be looking forward to seeing some here on the forum.

Bill

A great deal of the silver has been sucked up over the past twenty years. It's practically impossible to find silver out here in Oregon anymore. I'm lucky if I find five silvers a year. Been 43 years since they minted any. Soon we'll be happy to dig up old clad. :)

Bill

Well, try as I might, I just can't get excited about clad coinage, when the government removed gold and silver, as a backing for our currency, they basically left only one backage for our currency, IN GOD WE TRUST, and thank god we do, for he's the only one we really can trust. Still that doesn't stop me from remebering the good old days of finding silver, gold rings, etc. Even good for tokens, watch fobs and radio premiums are great finds in my book, civil war relics in the state of Iowa are, or at least as far as I know, unheard of here, for no scurmishes were fought in Iowa, that I know of, wish there were some civil war camps even in the state, as I do think relic hunting, would be great. God Bless:detecting:

There may not have been any civil war battels in iowa-- but I;m sure there were civil war traning camps in the state,as with most northern states. Try to research them--would be buckles buttons and bullets at such places.

Thanks for the input Ralph, have done some research on that and know that a unit was formed in council bluffs, ia and that they were sent to Rollo,Mo, but can't seem to find out if they had a training camp there and if so where> Today the wife and I are going to check a almost gohst town located near us, to see if we can get permission to do some hunting, there are 2 remaining residents, the rest have moved on, will keep you all posted on how we come out, God Bless.:thumbup::detecting:

Just got word from Ron in Tenn, the machines on its way, wife and I went to see about a old ghost town location yesterday and got permission to hunt it, so were both ready to hit it, just thought I'd let you know.:clapping::thumbup::detecting: