Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

STILL CONFUSED ???????

Hi there...

I am feeling a little bit 'miffed' with the level of SOME postings, not only regarding the V3, but also the E-Trac.

The laziness of some new owner (not necessarily new detectorists), is frustrating.

They want to sit back and simply be spoon fed like children.

Helping others is one thing....but when you know that the subject matter has been well aired, and the answers exist within the forum's archives, then such enquiries reflect their indifference to do some research for themselves first.

The Canadian $ topic is one.......Typically..."My E-trac is poor regarding Canadian coinage ($).....

Total and utter crap.

Are they incapable of learning the simple discriminating rules and how to operate, an excellent detector?

Or, of reading prior advice on the subject.

USE THE SEARCH FACILITY PROVIDED AT THE TOP OF EACH FORUM PAGE​

What is a micro wave detectorist?

Someone who wants all his needs, ' Cling-film wrapped and prepared by others'.

Come on guys, read and search first, them ask for help with the finer details.

It's great to share experience, but boring to repeatedly regurgitate well chewed topics.......TheMarshall

Your reply is a bit harsh in that you're making the assumption that a poster who asks a question (that has been asked before) is too lazy to look it up. Look at it this way. The poster may be new to the forum concept and not know how to do a proper search.

Rather than chiding a poster and creating ill will, you have the option of reading the question and not responding...or even yet, ignore the post altogether. In the time you took to formulate your complaint, you could have answered 3 or 4 questions...or ignored many more.

It seems there are some guys here that let there bolstered egos hang out. It's too bad we can't all be as good as they are. With that I have had enough of this forum and the moderators can cancel my account. I have better things to do than listen to a bunch of bull from know-it-alls. So you know-it-alls jump in here and hack me up. That's what you are good at.............I don't care.

That is exactly why I am wanting the Specrta V3 ... the three frequency analytical screen.
Beach hunting is a matter of digging enough targets to find some good items.
Reducing the number of trash targets will increase the good finds in any given period of time.

It is all about the tools and what they can tell you.

Thanks Dave for your comments.

Of course my post was a critical one, but I also hoped that it may induce a positive outcome in as much as anyone not familiar with forum facilities such as archive searching, may take note.

You only made comment on the tone of the post, but not the substance.

The E-Trac AND the new Whites V3 are exciting and well designed detectors.

Even so, we see some folk unwittingly or knowingly implying the machine is at fault, by ill considered comments, when the truth is THEY are the problem,

New products have teething troubles, but thanks to forums, such are quickly realised and dealt with.

What I find hard to accept, is how anyone who has owned a modern detector for more than a year, can still not have taken the time to learn about the properties of say coinage and how that dictates the way they are 'seen' by a discriminating detector.

Nickel has ferrous characteristics.....Coins with nickel alloyed into them will be very frequency dependent, and possibly tend to be rejected by tight disc settings or patterns.

Can someone publish the VDI's of a new Canadian $ as seen by the White's V3.....for each of the three individual frequencies?

Then we can talk detecting..................TheMarshall.

I myself have forgot the search feature a few times. Would read back how ever many pages and may or may not get answers. Sometimes if the answers are there, a refresh posts may results in additional answers or someone who had provided an answer may update their own answer. I have done it myself and got more up to date information. I have also replied to a post, then replied to someone later asking about the same question because I had additional information to offer.

I asked a question a while back and got a reply that the answer had already been posted before. I never did find the answer after more searching.

I'm with ya Marshall...you make some very good points.