Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

STILL CONFUSED ???????

floridason

Man am I lost. Went out yest. and finally found 1 nickel (only after first finding it with my MXT. I haven't been so confused since before I got rid of my QXT. Can't seem to fathom what it telling me I guess. Does anyone know when the manuals and DVD will be out????????:confused: I think that after I get them and read thru them and watch the DVD I might be able to get it right. Hopefully it wont have to gather too much dust itll I get my manual/DVD in. At least I can still go out and enjoy my great MXT. :bouncy: K..C. And NO there's no one within 60 miles or more that knows squat about the V3. I'm the first to get one around here. Thanks and HH to all.

floridason :usaa:
V3, MXT, DX-1, bullseye, +4 coils

floridason, The V is new to me also and have only her out a few time's to see what it has to offer. I'm just running in the factories coin program and checking old spots that have produced in the past but have a lot of trash! I do like the separation on the DD better than other whites coils, I was getting good hits mixed in with the trash with tone on and would bring my F-75 with the 5" DD over and check. I found five 60's Penny's and a 54 Rosie at 8" range, so this dog will hunt just takes a little time to learn her language. Try running presets to get to know her they are better than the DFX came with, just my .02 Tom

Mornin, The Video's on the Whites site will help you a lot. Presets are the way to go and slowly expand your knowledge just using a couple of your best liked ones. Think of it the interface as using your desktop ('cept easier) and you'll be moving around in it well. ("Coin" is pretty quiet and a good place to start.) Others like Coin Jewelry can be a bit sensitive to chatter but once you get used to it, it is real easy to tell the difference between solid hits and the machine "stretching" to give you a larger composite picture of what's all in the dirt. When the time comes...Tone ID and VCO are nice but...small steps first. Two more cents.

And you might want to check your Rx Gain. If you zoom on the sensitivity control, and put your loop on the ground, it will give you a good idea of where to start your gain setting.

It's taking me a bit of time but things are coming along bit by bit. I been mostly using the Coin & Jewelery mode starting with the factory preset. Then I started to change some settings in the program. Now I venture in and out of other programs.
A lot of little things will start to come together. It just becomes less confusing like anything else as time spent using it go by.

Floridason, Take a moment to regroup. I know the frustration you are feeling right now, I was there on Monday. I wanted to whip my vision in the woods. First off, I think that the stock programs may be a little hot for some areas of the country. Second, they may not be set to match up with the detector that you are coming off of. I was talking to someone else who came from the MXT to the V3. (I came from the DFX) The two biggest complaints were falsing and the delay time. The MXT is known for it's super fast recovery speed. To get close on the vision, set the recovery around 30+/- and start with a bottle cap reject of 10. It is set on (off) on the factory programs. Do what AK1234 said about the pre-amp and disc. I think you will be surprised how much depth you get even with the settings a little lower. I love this fact because that means I have plenty of power in reserve when needed. We haven't even gotten into Rx boost yet.
Once I got these things sorted out, I feel in love with this detector. On average, I think I am getting two more inches of depth and better disc. Good luck and let us know, Dan

I know the feeling. I felt like a handcuffed kid in an ice cream store. Dan is right on, as those things will help. I am using C&J with all factory presets except the search recovery speed which I set from 20-30 depending on how sharp and short I want the audio response to be. I have also lowered the disc. sensitivity to 80 and turned on the bottlecap reject to 10. These things make a big difference in getting rid of the falsing and ghost targets. If you are using the D2 coil I would not go up in RX sensitivity above the factory preset of 7. In fact you may want to lower it some to get things a little more stable. I pulled the D2 off yesterday and put the 6X10 on and that made another big difference. The Vision ran a lot more stable and was very sharp on targets in trashy areas. In addition to running the settings described above I was able to raise the RX gain to 10 and everything stayed stable. I was digging coins easily at 6 - 8 inches and the audio report was loud and clear. Good Luck.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your answers and will try and get it out Mon. and see what happens. I think all of you appreciate what I'm going thru as you youself have been there too. Again Many thanks K.C. :sad:HH all

floridason :usaa: retired
V3, MXT, DX-1, bullseye, +4 coils

I read the manual and watched all the videos and I am sure Dan did too. When you get in the field and the "Turn on and Go Programs" don't work for you then you got to do what you got to do. I don't see anything in the manual or video about fixing a program that is supposed to be turn on and go and doesn't work. If you look around this site and others you will see similar posts looking for help. That info in the manual and videos is a good basis for how to make changes, but what I am seeing from folks is some frustration trying to use the turn on and go programs that aren't.

Before you start ripping on me. I posted to floridason not to you. Hope you get things figuared out. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Nobody's ripping on anybody. The facts are you can read the manual and watch the videos all day long and go hunt with the turn on and go programs (C&J and C) and they still don't work the way they are set up. I am basing my statement on my experience and numerous posts from others supporting that.

That is standard on any Preset on any machine. I should know I got 17 machines and have used most of the others at one time or the other. I have to tweak each and everyone. Some are simpler then others. None of them have ever been turn and go for there best performance you got to tweak them. If you think you can just turn and go guess again. Especially if you are in a hot area. These machines are not magic especially this one as it has so many possibilities on ways to set it up. More so then the XLT which I run for 6 years or the DFX which I run for 5 years and been hunting for over 23 years. None of there programs worked either and they all had to be tweaked. There are a lot of things that will cause your machine to act crazy some times. I will Quote a a great beach hunter I know. It goes like this. "Turn the Bitch down and start there first, then work your way up". You are not going to get it right in a air test either. you got to be in the dirt or on the beaches. Air test are just that and they are good for just trying to get the general Idea on how you machine will work in general. That's it. I did not come on here to get into anything with anyone. I only wanted to let floridason know that the Whites web site had some video's and the manuals that would help him understand the set ups of his machine. Just like you had to tweak yours for your area he will have to be patient and figure his out too. You had nothing to do with the post I made to him. My post to him had nothing to do with your post. I was trying to help him . I thought maybe he did not know about the manuals and the Video"s. Get the Word Preset out of your head. They are just program's set up to get you in the ball park and to help you out a little. You still have to tweak every one of them to get them to work for your area. Well I have went on long enough on this stupid Post. :thumbdown: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

Hi Jerry,

White's got some flack over the DFX programs being too dialed back. Too safe. You had to tweak them up.

Now the V gets complaints the presets are too hot? For gosh sake, just back off the RX Gain, Disc Sensitivity, and All Metal Sensitivity where needed.

I like the presets. Good starting points, just adjust the sensitivity to suit. It is not rocket science. Anybody having serious issues should just go to the Common preset. Super safe. And adjust upwards.

Steve Herschbach

Thanks, Jerry, Goatman, and Steve. I think you ALL hit on my problem. It seems that I started out with the presets and went up instead of down and as it got worse I kept going up and not down (like the dummy I am:surprised: ). I'll try anything. I sure appreciate all your inputs and for sure I'm going to KEEP trying. HH you guys. I'll be out early TRYING. :bouncy:

floridason, :usaa: retired
V3, MXT, DX-1, bullseye, + 4 coils

I'm sorry you don't have anyone to help you with the V. I would suggest resetting the factory programs and use them as is. I use the Hi Pro as it came and right arrow over to the right twice and zoom. Set your RX gain to what it recommends for your ground and that is the program I use. I just got home from a three day hunt and that is the program I used and I will have some stories and pictures that will blow you away. STOCK PROGRAMS rock on the V3.

Some times I do get wound up though don't I?????????? The difference in me and some of the others is I have always worked very hard to learn as much as I can about this hobby which becomes very productive for me at times. It has been my Escape for 23 years from everything,everybody every stressfull thing in my life and all my focus is on that little beeb or beep/ID and what it is trying to tell me.

Some know what I am talking about. When I get old and can't hunt anymore I will still always have my books to read. Then maybe I will get on here and be one of those guys that never get off the forums and never hunt much and become a expert on every machine and have plenty to say.

Right now I am just to busy trying to get some hunting and escaping in and helping a few that PM me before it is my time to hang it up and just be a old Fart.

Nice to here from you Bill. It is always nice to hear from another Simi Old Fart who knows what I am talking about. HH get out and hunt my friend. May All Your Days Be Filled With GOLD. :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Hi ya bud. Good to bump heads with you again. Haven't seen you around for awhile or maybe I was on the wrong forums. I'm so busy with my forum I don't get a chance to chase around to the others too much. Hope all is well with you. Us old farts got to stick together. :rofl

Bill: