Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign Amplifier (its a long one...)

:shrug:I think that if you could incorporate the amplifier, meter and probe into one unit, you would really have something. I'm running out of places to attach things on my detector.

Joe,
Deep signal that only will cause the detector to null with a questionable return tone can be looked at more closely with the amplifier to try to determine if its worth digging up. With out the amp you most likely wont even know it there. Besides how do you know if its wort digging up until you dig it up....

Yes, the 17 frequency question....This is a bit misleading. There are not 17 individual signals produced by the detector. There is a repeating pulsed waveform that has a varying frequency pulses, starting with the high frequencies pulses and moving to the lower frequencies. These frequency changes and the related harmonics make up the 17 frequencies. My amplifier reproduces this waveform very accurately.

Shaun...

[quote bottlebum]:shrug:I think that if you could incorporate the amplifier, meter and probe into one unit, you would really have something. I'm running out of places to attach things on my detector.[/quote]

I agree, this would be quite a device to have....maybe that will be my next project....

Shaun.

n/t

The question is not if there is interest but can you fill the orders I know you are thinking

big and deep but how about with a 5.5in coil with a few more inches of depth wow

Wish i could run tests with you but im on east coast MASS good luck

[quote gmanlight]The question is not if there is interest but can you fill the orders I know you are thinking

big and deep but how about with a 5.5in coil with a few more inches of depth wow

Wish i could run tests with you but im on east coast MASS good luck[/quote]

gman,
Good point, I have not tried this with a small coil. It would be and interesting test. Im sure it will go deeper but I don't know if it would be stable enough to use. Do you have a GT? I am working on putting together 3 prototype units that I will sell at a discounted price specifically for testing. I would like to have a local tester so I don't have to send the units out but thats not working out. The 3 units should be ready in a few weeks. So if you are interested in getting one I will let you, and other who have shown interest, know when they are ready. As I mentioned previously, if they don't work for you, I will provide a refund.

Shaun...

Shaun,

Are you using both halves of the chip?

If so are you doing any pre-staging of the input signal?

[quote joecoin]Shaun,

Are you using both halves of the chip?

If so are you doing any pre-staging of the input signal?[/quote]

Joe,
I assume your talking about the LM833. This op-amp is used to provide variable amplification of the return signal from the coil. This is not the main function of the amp but a extra adjustment available to play with to get the best performance. This can be used to increase or decrease the return signal depending on ground conditions. The meat of the amp is a custom bi-polar PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) amplifier that amplifies the PWM signal from the detector. It converts the 10V signal level normally put out by the detector to drive the coil to a 40V signal to drive the coil. This significantly increases the current through the coil creating a larger magnetic field to penetrate deeper into the ground.

Shaun....

I'm interested in purchasing one for my SOV/GT WOT, I hunt fresh water beachs mainly. :)