Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sometimes it's worth putting that little bit of extra in

Who posts a gold coin and then tells us nothing about it. Maybe its their first time on the forum, and thats cool. But if not then you know that were all dying to know, where, when, how deep, ETC,. Thanks BK

I can't tell for sure from the obverse, but it's probably either a guinea or a half guinea.

Now, believe it or not I know a detectorist who found one of these here in massachusetts...And it's not just a tall tale, I personally saw the thing. Talk about a nice find.

I only believed half of what Epp had to say and I was never sure which half to believe! :rofl:

Not that their common, but gold coins are much more common in the UK than here in the US. Most UK detectorists have found at least one if not several. That coin is probably worth a few hundred bucks....not that old for England...the gold Celtic coins are the ones that are really sought after, Staters, etc...

Most English detectorists worth their salt could display finds from the past 8 to 10 years and really wow us.....I detected over there and didn't want to do it here in the US when I got back home. I had nothing to do with banning the guy, but personally I found him a condescending pedantic braggard that thrives on attention. His style certainly, in my opinion, did not find in with the culture of the forum at all.

thanks Erik I thought he was entertaining- and I got to see some coins that I've never seen before. I didn't read anything that was so bad that should get him banned.........I've got to wonder if anyone who was provacational or un-complimentary to him were also banned, or warned

I warned Epp on this forum to just things slide but he kept on pushing it. He was antagonistic in nature to the general peace of this forum so he stuck out like a sore thumb. This forum has a general sense of MD friends but when someone comes on like that who has schizo-like sentence structures and thought patterns it's NOT going to be a good future for that particular individual.

Not many people get banned from this place so you know when it happens they deserve it! :beers: