Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sometimes it's worth putting that little bit of extra in

Did you actually find it or are you just posting a picture of a nice coin?....You didn't say and we don't want to assume...

Nice coin Epp. :beers:

eppillus06 said:
this is one of the reason's not to jump around when having a good time detcting
excuse me for not putting before,stumbled on boxing day 2006 ,with 17.5 coil,at about10".yes it's my coin,its was COLD,NO its not for sale.its not worth being on the forum if your a liar,you will get found out.would just like to add,GOOD MORNING,off to have a coffee.

I hate to say this Epp and I am kind of neutral and from what others are saying and from what you say I would say you have an aura that is not MD friendly to this forum and it is a good one I shall say in my 1 year here. I do not know why you are here but you STICK out from the general spirit of this forum. Just my 2

noted my good friend,i never patronised first,put that down to a couple of hotheaded gremlin's on here, that put every englishman in the same catergory,ive not hidden nothing,infact been quite open,not trying to rock any boat,just an everyday detectorist like 95% of the people on here,most of the people with a fault for the englishman on here are from the other board's anyway.so if they ask me a silly question,they are likely to get a silly answer.as for not being able to find anything over 500 years,i take it most of the fella's on here have passports.because one day you may just be standing in a field along side me doing exactly the same thing.got to speak to some people first and then run it by Bryce IL.then there's also the future of the usa and the chance that someone may just find somthing over 500 years old.that is not up to me it's up to the finder on the day!.if it was me,there would be no money that any man could put in my hand to make me lie about my national heritage,or cover up.in the uk 95% of the detectorists feel obligated like myself to report these thing's.detectings fun,but like my good friend from here in the uk say's,its also has a serious UNDERTONE.j

hi pat,i like king george,not just for the coinage.i would put him in the same catergory as our reigning monarch now.most of the other's seemed to have their own agenda and direction from people that were only hanger's on.they just seem to me to give back all the time.his coinage proved it.only thing now is the politition's have more or less more power than the crown in the 21st century.is it a good thing,dont know,dont do politics.and its not my buisness.just an average englishman.be no good giving gold coinage like that now as you know.so i think myself that it's given back in otherway's.especially to every household that has children,how its spent by the household is not down to the people that gave it,if you can get me on that one.some people dont ask for it though,but it is avaliable to everyone with a child under the age of 16 i beleive.so was king george 111 nut's.no i dont think so.just for his people.

The English have many good qualities. I try to take every person for what their worth. No one here has the skinny on being the perfect person on who they are INCLUDING someone from the "States" I hate to say it but I know it's true ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCF19cBWb0I ) that many people in the States think they are superior to other nations but this is a self deception. The USa has done MANY things for the cause of justice but it was not on those lines. Many cultures have virtuous attributes that could be imitated by everyone over here.

I enjoy seeing your stuff, and you make me laugh- keep it up ! As for this coin- I'm ignorant of what you post, so I appreciate it when you take the time to educate/ elaborate. It looks like gold. I had no clue as to age just by looking at the picture. And I always like to try to associate a value to what I see- but that is also a mystery to me, unless you'd be so kind as to toss out some range of figures. :thumbup:

WOW thats a stunner of a find mate :thumbup: you make some great finds over there in the UK the oldest man made thing i"v found over here in Aussie was a 1806 penny which is the same king as you guinea.
again great find & cant wait to see you next finds :thumbup:
lazyaussie :ausflag:

incredible find.

your a bit off course!.my coin aint nothing to the spot your standing in.FLORIDA,shipwreck's and all that,or dont you dive?.fella on THAMES&FIELDuk website,good friend of GODS,look for TOP MAN recommended,your be amazed i was.that is one man that definatley know's his stuff.wouldn't suprise me if he was aboard the OCEAN ODESSEY on double time as we speak.it left me speachless.most from the sea,few from some fields,and the rest the river thames.

Cool, thanks for the details ! Now to expose my ignorance once again- is it gold ? and, how does L80 and L225 relate to US $ ? Did you just use water and lightly brush off the dirt ?