Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some target testing with Pics

These are air tests, so that could affect the percentage. Should be getting some hunting time in this weekend, so I will let you know if the percentage is more acurate in the ground.

You aren't going to get a better look at a target than with it NOT buried. If anything, VDI confidence would be worse in the ground as you have the ground itself to contend with.

True, I guess what I was just trying to say is that its not in hunting condition and only in testing. I was testing using a program called "Common" which is not a program you would normally hunt in, it is used for demenstration purposes and can be used with stability in doors. My thinking is that it is a pretty numb program and my effect the percentage.

Not trying to defend it, just explaining that I am sure my testing is far from perfect and something I may be doing my effect the feature.

As allways they will affect...

But now you have another tool to observe the influence...... I think.

Good use of the analyze screen may after a while tell you what is a open target and what is partly masked and needs more investigation..

It will add some more fun to the picture aswell and that is a big factor..

Thanks for all that work and very nice pic's! Can't wait to get out and see how this machine goes through it's paces. (Sicker than a dog and raining outside.) Blah...

Thank You Thank You Thank You ;-)

I hit the wrong button last night...and could not get any sound from the speaker LOL
Well I now have hit the right button??? All is well.

I will say this vision HITS on foil HARD ! ! ! I went to a tot lot this AM, And had to learn to back off the RX (pre amp gain) in order to hunt. I used just the COIN program to start with.

I am learning ;-)

Jerry

Thats GREAT...

Shows that the sensitivity is at the level we want it...

If Your bothered with foil and is looking for silver,,,, would not going to 2,5 singe freq be a good move....

That is by far the best target information on any detector that I've ever seen! It will be interseting to see how it performs out in the field with mixed targets and hunting for good targets next to other targets.
Whites have every right to be well pleased with themselves on this project. It apears to have finally made a quantum leap in detector technology!:clapping:
Well done Whites.
Mick Evans.

I find that on a number of detectors, you can often figure them out through pinpoint. With the XLT, if you set the pinpoint sensativity to 23, then the VCO give you a very distint difference between these 2 targets. Their are other ways with other detectors, but I really like what I'm seeing with the Vision.
Mick Evans.

On this target you have the two freq running together so gold or junk how can you tell the difference???

Do these targets register the same reading at 8-10 inches deep, as well as 2 inches deep? Any difference? I know air tests are non-conclusive, but what is the air test on a quarter do you get? Thanks!

that the green (2.5) line was allot flatter than on the pulltab??? I wonder if that is going to be true on most pulltabs verse gold ring? Does anyone that has a vision to play with have the time to further check this out??

Wow... excellent post..thank you for taking time to do that...If you do it agian would you plese include some good targets mixed with some iron like old nails coins with pull tabs or something like that?I would love to see how it responds with mixed identities. Thanks a ton and good luck to you.