Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some 6X8 SEF coil Info. Hope it is OK to Post the Info here. It is the results of me playinng around with it. If not just move it to the right Forum

Not many people know about this and you never see anybody doing it or mentioning it. You can get more depth this way then the adjusting the Dis. in the TR mode. Do just like it says to do on page 28 and half of page 29. Take note of the first Paragraph on page 28 It should work rather well up where you are at. It does real nice down here and you can really work slow in the trash. Use the trigger to go to audio GB norm and remember the neddle is for depth and is seperate from the audio. I don't use it much as I perfer the Sat mode but, have used it on Black sand salt water beaches. and the super trash and iron. If it does drift just raise coil pull trigger and go back to the ground. Don't even think of tilting your coil on the up swing. Keep it flat to the ground.I only do about a 2 to 3ft swing. :thumup: :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Thanks for replying Jerry. I know I sound a bit winded on my post and I appologize. Its really difficult and frustrating trying to get a handle on all the info I read. I have plenty of reading time, the ground up here is like soup in most place for now, we need some sun and no rain,lol.
Ive toyed with the TR mode but not for long,you know how it is when you have confidence in something that you have already had success with, so Ive stuck with the SAT mainly. Hopefully, Ill get some extra time and make it down your way. Dont have to hunt, would enjoy talking with you and learning more about these machines and how to apply that.
Thanks again,
John

Totally awesome post.
Very interesting reading.
I've go a hunting buddy that has to read this.

Bowie said:
Running the Pro with with a tad bit on the positive side of the threshold,
I almost always prefer to hunt with a comfortable, slight audio Threshold.

Bowie said:
I run the M6 with enough disc to knock out a small nail, never any lower than that and just because that preset mark is on the machine doesnt mean its just right to knock out the small nail.
Yep, just enough to reject a common iron nail in most applications. That is, unless I want to hear a bit more of the iron so that I know it is present and can pick what I want to investigate. That's why I accept from -40 thru +95 on my XLT, and why I sometimes use the MXT in the Relic Mode and 0 rejection so as to hear the probable iron audio Vs higher-pitched non-ferrous targets.

Bowie said:
And with both units, I always lock the tracking, even though most places I hunt has very mild soil, I become concerned with all the iron I hunt in and the machines tracking to the iron.
Yes, that's what I do almost all the time. I GB the unit and don't use the Auto-Tracking function except maybe 10% of the time, at the most. It doesn't matter what ground environment I am in because I usually hunt in iron litter sites and don't want the detector tracking to the iron. Also due to some hot/cold rock issues and prefer not to have that influence the GB via the tracking circuitry.

Bowie said:
I havent used a MXT. I have used the M6 and havent had the depth as much as I read about on the MXT,
I have had about equal depth of detection between the MXT and M6. About. I just prefer the flexibility and iron ID potential of the MXT.

Bowie said:
... but, that is not the only reason I have interest in the MXT. I dont like all the tones the M6 uses, most times I hunt in single tone mode,Im sorry, I just dont like to listen to all those tones.
I prefer the Tone ID of my XLT, but do like the M6 Tone ID from time-to-time if a site isn't too iron littered, or if I am making a quick hunt to cherry-pick modern coins. It's there at the flip of a toggle but I prefer a single-tone audio for most of my searches.

Bowie said:
My sites,like any other old sites are full of iron. I just would like to experiment with the MXT and its relic mode and decide for myself how I will like it in these old sites.
The MXT dual-tone, coupled with the excellent 6

One of my hunting buddies can sure use this information.
Thanks Tinfoil

There is a reason you never see these things on Ebay and Kellyco is sold out, like, all the time. I'm going to get one.

Taterhead

Does anyone know the weight difference between the D2 and the 10x12 SEF Butterfly coil. For you guys that are using the SEF, I also was wondering how much more depth you think you get out of the SEF (both the 6x8 and 10x12) compared to the D2 and the 5.3.
Thanks for your thoughts.