Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So Long....and thanks for all the fish... :unsure:

snh

This is Scott Me......to all here...time to say so long.
After struggling here in new England for 23 years i have decided to leave for good.
I have some land in Arizona north of Havasu and i will be leaving for it mid September.
Time to go back and pick up gold prospecting again as well as meteorites...my land sits smack dab in the middle of a debris trail from one of the big ones that slammed into the southwest Millenia ago.
Just firgured I would stop in and say so long. Never really liked living here....got stuck here when i married while stationed here in the military.
Kids are old enough i will be leaving two here to finish high school and my youngest is coming with us.
New England is too expensive..heating costs are outrageous and the wages they pay for my experience is a joke.
Can't say it has been all that fun. Except for Todd...he helped make it fun on the days we could get out.
So long

Are your high school kids moving down there later?
Last year, after 20 years we moved from Oregon and my oldest daughter told us she would move down at the end of the year. Now she tells us she intends to stay in Oregon.... it's the only place she knows......
that has made our move very difficult as we didn't want to split up the family and it's to costly to visit very often.
Hope you don't have a similar situation.
Visit the forum and let us know how you are doing after the move.
Stay safe!!
HH
Mike in Missouri

<center> they kill you on everything you buy then kill ya again after they tax it all :lol:
But folks always look for another green pasture or a change of pace ;)
nothing wrong with that at all and for many change is what they need after decades in the same place, but dont let your stuff get stolen this time ok :D

That was on the way back when we spent the night in Arkansas.
We liked Arizona last time but not to live in phoenix area. Too much crime...mexican gand problems and such.....and too friggin hot.
See all the cement and blacktop holds the heat in at night. So while out in yonder counrty out side the city will cool some at night....Phoenix gets hotter at night as the ground gives all that stored heat.
our property is closer to kingman....not quite as hot. When it is 120 in phoenix it will be 110 by us.
now I know that does not sound like a difference but i can say from growing up in the desert that up to about 105 is tolerable.....above 110 it is just scorching even without humidity.
We always planned on moving back just not for another 1-2 years. but poop happens and i cannot afford another winter with the price of heating oil at 3 bucks a gallon.
We go through 400 gallons a month in mid winter...that is 1100.00 bucks a month for heat...1800.00 for rent...200 for electricity.....EACH Month....friggin stupid.
I gotta get to a place where I am not stuck in my house 9 months a year. I also do not like alot of trees and feeling closed in.....I like wide open spaces as it makes me feel better. Too many trees here....i need sunshine...i actually suffer from the winter blues real bad. I am a native californian and am used to the sun...lots of sun.
Will be without internet for a year most likely.
No internet service where we live.....i will have to get satellite internet and that ain't cheap to setup.
So it may be a while but I will pop in
Scott

n/t

Alabama for the same reasons bud, cost to much to live in Wisconsin.

Scott, when you get settled in and get back on line please post again, I know it will take time but thats alright, you have friends here and many years of that friendship, don't let the move to AZ stop you from those great friendships, you are one of us, don't forget us Scott, we won't you bud :thumbup:

General Ray

<center> I hear ya on all your reasons for sure scott
when you have no other choice to heat your home but heating oil and they jack it way outta range thats rottin
its mainly used in the northeast also and they got ya :(
ours was over 3,30 a gallon and you can bet I fueled the vermont casting all the time to 400-600 degrees on them bitter days and nights
And it kept going all day and night too :D
I used a lot and I mean a lot of wood in the cold winters and save fuel oil incase of an ice storm and power outtage, good thing for having lots of land to get all that wood too ;)
Had everything set up for most anything that could happen on the mountain, and most everything did :lol: except hurricans :D
I learned a lot tho growing up and struggling with the northeast and love the history and land but not the seasons anymore :(
Very very depressing in the winter and I hate the sub zero weeks on end
let alone tons and tons of snow being in the Mohawk river Valley
The summers have also been crap for about 6 yrs now also...
Well keep in touch when ya can and best of luck to you and your family :D

we had alot of great times together as well as finds.i totally understand your reasons for leaving,if i wasn't born and raised here i'd bail out of n.e. myself.the taxes are crazy and the weather is sucky for 9 months outta the year,although it never stopped us from digging.:detecting:
definetely keep in touch with me man.i'll give ya my address when i see ya on sunday and i'll pass on the news to the folks here after your move.
i'll tell ya though,were gonna miss ya here man.you and Robin have been great to Garv,matt[me],Brandy[ma],and myself.you were always a great host and friend.if ya ever decide to come back for a visit,you always have a place to stay up here.;)

I understand some areas being outrageus..but i have friends in Minnesota leaving for the same reasons. it must be the freezing cold weather.
i mean if it has nasty cold winters...housing is through the roof. What is going on in Mass...Wi....NH....friggin Maine for petes sake that is killing everyone.
What is the attraction...i just don't get it. Shoot I can see places like Florida..makes sense..even texas....but anything north of the mid states...WHY?