Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short Recovery Speed Test just placed on Youtube

woodchiphustler

Search americannexus. Just a note. I put little value in these tests. To many in ground variables to include size of targets, position of the target in relationship to the iron and minerals in the soil and detector settings. You requested and I had some time to kill. Now stop watching videos and take your detector to the field and use the darn thing why don't ya. :surrender: GeorgeTex Kinsey

go-rebels said:
I just found one link, and it was not of any test.

Can you please post a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_5TWaTVRo

Interesting beeps but what recovery speed is he using and 100 other questions.

Recovery speed is called Recovery Delay on the V3. For those of you moving from the DFX or other detector and those who just don't know, the higher the number....1 to 100, the longer the delay in the recovery. If you look at the programs, you will notice Deep Silver is set at 100 for maximum depth and analyze time. The high Trash program is set at 40 which is plenty fast for just about everything, but you still have a LONG way to go before you get to maximum recovery speed.

Recovery speed on the V goes from insanely fast, too fast for any practical purpose IMO, to the maximum delay of 100 for the really deep targets.

So, comparing recovery speeds from brand X to the V3.................[size=large]IT DOESN"T MATTER[/size] It boils down to which detector you know how to use best not which one has the fastest recovery speed.

How right you are.:thumbup:

The V3's Recovery speed is plenty fast for me and I like hunting Trashy Parks, in some case's I turn the Recovery speed down.

Exactly right Larry.I was fooling around with my Vision the other day and set it to fastest recovery and it was smoking fast and I have a F75 I put many hundreds of hours on so I know a little about speed.
And with both machines extreme speed comes with something else called loss of quality audio so I prefer to slow it down a little and actualy be able to learn most of what my machine is telling me instead of getting a headache from all the noise in my headphones,Ray.:detecting:

A good thing came out of this test!

If you get a NULL as you pass the nail!!!!!!...You need to make a different angle pass over the NULL area and see if you get a better target! ! !

Don't just pass up the NULL until you try a few passes in the area.

Jerry

When it hit one way do exactly that. One thing I forgot to mention. The ID screen showed both targets when the nail was straight up and down. Red bars on the nail, green on the dime. Pinpointing also showed the targets were very close. I used the stock program. Much faster to recover then the XLT or DFX. Just my opinion.

I would not call this a recovery test

You must hear the detector lock on to the iron, and then signal on the coin after passing the iron

you also have to use a small silver coin and 3" rusty old iron nail for the test as well.

But who am i to say, i only have 30+ years experience

I do know if your not using a fast recovery speed your going to lose lot's of targets

I think the problem we have here is that in the UK we detect on ancient sites littered with iron.

In the USA you are detecting on parks were there is not much iron, only trash like silver paper and ring pulls, you therefore do not need a fast recovery speed

Quote:In the USA you are detecting on parks were there is not much iron, only trash like silver paper and ring pulls, you therefore do not need a fast recovery speed
Dream on.
We have hundreds of thousands of sights that are full of old rusty cut nails from buildings that were torn down,rotted down or burnt down leaving millions of said" iron" nails.
It is not uncommon to dig coins with 2 or more nails in a 6" dia. plug,Ray.
PS I have 30+ years experience as well.

Someone asked me to do this ghostman. Shame on me for doing someone a favor. :crylol:

Hello Ray

I was thinking of the coin shooters among you, yes your right relic hunting is another ball game, this is were recovery speed really is an important issue.

The test woodchiphustler did although appreciated, it was not done correctly.

I think i will get back to finding coins and relics over 2000 years, and leave you guys to get on with it.

Good luck with your V3

Have no worry M8. I will continue dig relics and coins from 200 years back. Best regards.