Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt at Longs Grove

Confetrit said:
Laplander, y'all killed it on that virgin site. When you find a site such as this it is not only fun to relive the moment you found these old coins and artifacts, but to dream about what is left in the ground under the high brush just waiting for your coils to go over once the brush does back. Congrats to you on some very nice saves and Continued Success to yall.

ki
Thanks Confetrit Its funny you mention dreaming about a site I start wondering about the people who were there and what they were doing back in the day.
HH Jeff

...when I was a teen, had two acquaintances, one was surname 'Short', the other was a 'Long', anywaysss...they got into a lil' trouble with a local police officer over a bicycle dispute, when he asked for their 'Name & Address', the cop didn't believe them...[size=large]"Ahhh...so I've got the long and the short of the story do I?"[/size] was said allegedly!

Des D said:
...when I was a teen, had two acquaintances, one was surname 'Short', the other was a 'Long', anywaysss...they got into a lil' trouble with a local police officer over a bicycle dispute, when he asked for their 'Name & Address', the cop didn't believe them...[size=large]"Ahhh...so I've got the long and the short of the story do I?"[/size] was said allegedly!
That's funny Des your the first to mention my play on words, very quick Mate! Long and short :rofl: I am going to be detecting in the U.K. in less than 30 days, looking forward to the trip as always!
Cheers Jeff

True story Jeff!!! Been 30yrs since I clapped eyes on any of those two guys!
Just searched them on Face Ache and found one of them alive and well and is a 'singer, songwriter, film maker, performer'
And a huge coincidence: on his Face Ache page he features two 'villages', that I only passed thru about a week ago!

I reside in Ireland by the way Jeff and occasionally get across to the UK (love Norfolk and Devon, Cornwall)

That what I remembered Des that you lived in Ireland. Really enjoyed your work on MLO TV, Cutting edge entertainment mate.
Jeff

Good stuff Jeff. They are all nice finds, but I have to agree....that dime is sweet! Always nice to see guys expressing the importance of research, and putting their plan into action in the field. HH Randy

Thanks Randy you taught me every thing I know and who knows how much I have already forgot :confused:LOL
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Thanks Randy you taught me every thing I know and who knows how much I have already forgot LOL
HH Jeff

I appreciate the kind words Jeff. But I must give credit where credit is due. I may have introduced you to the Equinox before others had ever heard of it. And I may have helped set up your first blind date. But you are the one who taught her how to dance. And boy oh howdy, can you ever make her dance! Having the determination to learn (and master) new detector technology requires a unique skillset. When you combine that skillset with the inquisitive spirit necessary in researching places to hunt, it becomes an unbeatable combination. And you, my friend, have that unbeatable combination. HH Randy