Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt at Longs Grove

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
This hunt was the culmination of 2 people putting their heads/research together. A newspaper article and a hunch from a plat map and we had our first coin a few feet inside the gate. 2 hours later and a dozen coins in the pouch plus a few other artifacts we called it a day. We were both swinging 800's and Shane found the left column with 3 Indians and a sweet seated Dime, and I found 6 IHP's and 2 Nickels a plated signet ring and cane end.
HH Jeff

Damn it dude!!! Very Impressive Day!!!!! You can guarantee there is allot more there lol :) Congrats....

Mike K

Mike K (Ohio) said:
Damn it dude!!! Very Impressive Day!!!!! You can guarantee there is allot more there lol :) Congrats....

Mike K
We agree Mike the scrub brush was waist high in places so gridding or good coverage is never going to happen, by the way this site was just up the hill a couple hundred yards from the Infantry button site.
HH Jeff

Nice finds guys good job love those Indians! I like when research like that pays off.
Great hunt
Mark

Damm! I missed out........Thanx for the invite anyway! You guy's did good!
Another good job tracking down the site, Jeff.

Iowa Dale

Dale(Ia) said:
Damm! I missed out........Thanx for the invite anyway! You guy's did good!
Another good job tracking down the site, Jeff.

Iowa Dale
It was fun, like a couple grade schoolers at an Easter egg hunt, the coins were hiding in the bushes, logs and under the roots LOL
Jeff

Not Bad Jeff! Good job on the research!

Killing it Jeff

sgoss66 said:
WOW! What a terrific day, on what looks like an AMAZING site!

GREAT JOB on the hunt guys, AND on the research!!

Steve
Thanks Steve, we just had 4 inches of rain that stopped an hour before so the ground is moist LOL
Jeff

Well done on the research and I like how the pic has the coin type and year under them.
I am not sure what scrub brush is but years ago at old tall 4' grass/overgrown farm site permissions I would bring a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and stand on it and swing to get closer to the signals.
Got a few extra coins that way when swinging was impossible. Probably doesn't apply in you case but thought I would mention it.
Dave

Mike K[/quote]
We agree Mike the scrub brush was waist high in places so gridding or good coverage is never going to happen, by the way this site was just up the hill a couple hundred yards from the Infantry button site.
HH Jeff[/quote]

floodplaindetector said:
Well done on the research and I like how the pic has the coin type and year under them.
I am not sure what scrub brush is but years ago at old tall 4' grass/overgrown farm site permissions I would bring a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and stand on it and swing to get closer to the signals.
Got a few extra coins that way when swinging was impossible. Probably doesn't apply in you case but thought I would mention it.
Dave

Mike K
HH Jeff[/quote][/quote]
The "brush" was every thing from poison oak, buckbrush, 5 foot tall trees and lots of limbs and trees laying on the ground. I like your idea for grass though and will store it in my memory bank for later use.
HH Jeff

Laplander, y'all killed it on that virgin site. When you find a site such as this it is not only fun to relive the moment you found these old coins and artifacts, but to dream about what is left in the ground under the high brush just waiting for your coils to go over once the brush does back. Congrats to you on some very nice saves and Continued Success to yall.

ki