Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short 25 minute hunt surprise.

Ytcoinshooter

Dropped my wife off at a dance class and had my gear in the car. The weekend so far hadn't produced much in over 9 hours detecting. I was in great sites but standing in the wrong spots. I was restless and decided to do some parking strips nearby the dance studio, with 25 minutes to kill why not.
My surprise 1837 LC! I did the boiling peroxide followed by penetrating oil and petroleum jelly. It's pretty solid but pitted as the norm.

A41F9D32-D3F4-4F09-948B-6112D93A4AE8-527-0000004B591C31F3_zps9f9561a8.jpg

650D6287-BBA4-439F-8A21-2E0942A32873-527-0000004B5CD1EF1F_zps03145a1f.jpg

HH-Bruce
BTW: Stereo mixed mode with settings of 76 all metal, 94 disc, rx gain = 8. SEF 12 x 10. Ground balance locked and offset +1.
Coin was at about 6" and banging clearly as I raised my coil up over the spot.

That was a nice find. I can't argue with your settings. Keep up the good work.

Funny! Yeah dance class, Im the guy with no rythym. But this a Belly Dance class. Use your imagination, its pretty cool to see the full on performances :clapping:!

SOmeone was telling me they soaked their coin in mineral oil for 30 days and
then used q tips to clean it up. Worth a try.
Robert2300