Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

shooter coil or 5.3 for mx5

I use the the 5.3" coil with my V3i. The 10" dd is collecting dust, it is way to heavy and can't tell what you have in trashy areas, mixes everything it see on the screen. I went in a site I had hunted several time with a 8.5x11" dd coil on my other machine. This last weekend I went in with my Whites V3i and the 5.3" coil, here is what I found on a 4 hour hunt.

34 Clad quarters, 27 Clad dimes, 1 Nickel, 25 copper memorial pennys and 1 wheat penny and a Junk Ring with a 2 carat Zirconia. No Silver.

OK. I just watched a video of the shooter coil and the eclipse coil and it seems like the shooter WAS able to separate better than the eclipse. Only thing was the guy had the audio threshhold WAY too high and it was a classic case of the circuitry fighting too much threshhold and sensitivity. Stil having trouble deciding on which one. It did seem like the eclipse was deeper, though.

CoinHunter2 said:
I use the the 5.3" coil with my V3i. The 10" dd is collecting dust, it is way to heavy and can't tell what you have in trashy areas, mixes everything it see on the screen. I went in a site I had hunted several time with a 8.5x11" dd coil on my other machine. This last weekend I went in with my Whites V3i and the 5.3" coil, here is what I found on a 4 hour hunt.

34 Clad quarters, 27 Clad dimes, 1 Nickel, 25 copper memorial pennys and 1 wheat penny and a Junk Ring with a 2 carat Zirconia. No Silver.

If your 10DD s heavy to you, shorten your main shaft a notch or two. I bet you find that you will detect longer before fatigue sets in. I thought my shoulder joint was failing, then an old wise man told me about shaft length. Wahoo ! it made a big change ! :)