Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Setting recovery speed ?

jbow

I am a bit confused about how to set the recovery speed on the V3. What I am talking about is the reset speed that determines how fast it resets between targets, or how slow i resets. Faster for picking through trash, unmasking targets and slower for getting those deeper coins etc.

My question is about lowering or raising the number. I am not sure if I need to to raise it or lower it to get better seperation, the manual isn't clear on what a lower or higher number does other than it changes the recovery... it isn't clear about which (raising or lowering) does what. I assume a lower number makes it faster and a higher number makes it slower but I may have it backwards. Confused...

I hope I am explaining what I am trying to ask about well enough. If you have used other machines like the F75 and the SovereignGT it is like the difference between them. The F75 is lightening fast and recovers very quickly... it signals on everything as you sweep, even if you sweep very fast. The SovereignGT one the other hand will null and miss targets if you don't swing it quite slowly.
So the F75 has fast recovery and the Sovereign has slow recovery. Which way do I adjust the recovery number on the V3 to make it faster or slower?

Higer recovery number = ?

Lower recovery number = ?

Thank you,

J

Hey Julien. You are correct in the lower the number, the "faster" the recovery! The best way to learn it's uses is to do both surface "garden" testing and with undug targets. (Helped me huge!)

Julien,

here is what you can try, this demonstrates what the recovery speed can do for you.

Take any coin, say a dime and set the detector up on a table top to where it is not falsing.

Now, take the recovery speed control and set it to the max # possible and wave the coin in front of the coil. Notice how it sounds? Would you want to detect this way?

Now, set the recovery speed to the other extreme and again sample the coin. Notice a difference?

In areas where the trash is high, you dont want the recovery set to where the sound seems to linger or 'bloom' for a long period of time, which is what it will do when set to one of the two extremes as you just noticed. On the other hand, you dont want it to respond too fast either and make the target sound like an item that is discriminated out.

Once you experience these extreme sounds this control makes, you will know first hand what is going on and be able to adjust it according to your liking.

Tony

I was just wanting to add Julien, once past the sensitivity adjustments, your playing with the balancing act between recovery speeds and filtering is the "guts" of making your box perform like any machine "family" out there.

I loved my DFX, but it took the processing power and (fast/huge memory) of the V3 to fully appreciate all the setting available to me. I'm excited about the things I'm about to learn every time I go out because of it. With this new "power" all the adjustments have immediate and visible proof of usability. Enjoy!

I guess at a place with very little trash and low mineralization and deep targets a high number will make it work better.... I have been running mostly either 30 or 40 but I will try 80 or more when I find a clean place.

Thanks,

J

My friend has Jeff Foster's and Jimmy Sierra's DFX books in his car for me to borrow and read. I think those are going to help me a lot. I think it is well past time for someone... anyone... to publish a good book on the V3.

Thanks again.

Julien

I wonder what would be the setting that would be about the same as a Sovereign.

J

Is there a way to toss the recovery setting into the live controls for the coin program - or do you have to adjust it in the expert menu only?

CHeers

Nem

OK, you don't know how to put recovery in the LCB then you are also missing order and wrap.

Go to,
Expert menu - configure - Extend - Order. Press enter then

Scroll down to recovery which will be below the end if its not on your LCB. Press and hold enter and repeatedly press the up arrow to move recovery above the end and it will be on your LCD.

Now you can use the enter arrow sequence to arrange you LCB in any order you want. You can eliminate options by dragging them below the end.
Hit wrap if you want the choice of starting at the beginning of your LCB choices when you get to the end. It will loop. No need to backup. Rob

RD=40-45 emulates DFX target processing. 35 - 40 emulates the MXT