Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity

For me I'm going to stick to Auto Sensitivity. If I want to experiment I will try + 1,2,3 or - 1,2,3 in auto mode depending on the situation and let the E-Trac figure out the best settings. I don't think I'll ever be more efficient than the on-board electronics nor do I want to try to be. Man created computers to offload the tedious and redundant tasks that he does not want to do or can't do very well by himself. I'll just trust that they created the auto sensitivity circuits for a reason and leave it at that.

For me, it depends where auto is running if I choose manual or not... If I'm getting below 20 in auto, I try every trick I can think of to get the # higher. Noise cancel, pumping the coil, manually selecting the noise channel, switching between max manual sens & auto, etc... once I find stability in auto +2 and I'm getting atleast 24, I will stay in auto... If auto starts dropping too much (below 20) then I switch to the highest manual setting tolerable. I always try NC 1st before lowering sens, lowering gain a little seems to help too... sometimes I choose a little more noise & inaccurate #'s over stability for the increased depth... All sites are different but I can usually tease the sens a bit higher w/some tricks :thumbup:

Well I personally never use auto even in thick trash. Just go slower and listen for that tell tale high pitch tick or warble. I have personally dug quite a few excellent targets in places I've already hit many many times in auto before I started using manual full time. Most were not deep at all just in manual 28 or 29 I picked them up. My findings were sensitivity being how sensitive the machine was to accepted targets. Not a reading of how deep it would detect as a lot would think. When at or almost max sensitivity things that were at say 1 or 2 inches would show up or rather be uncovered from whatever was masking them seemed like to me. I never noise cancel either against popular belief. I've found 2 channels work exceptionally well for me, one in particular in my ground. Really it's however you desire to detect with this machine. Although there are some very crucial settings that changed the way it worked for me and uncovered what the standard coin program and settings were keeping me from hearing:biggrin::minelab:It's all about sound guy's it's all about sound!