Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Selling Your Gold

In the theoretical :wiggle: chance that I come up with a few million gold bullion bars or silver bars, would a place like this be the place to sell it? Is it illegal to posses gold bullion in the U. S.?

I believe is was from 1933 to 1974 that is was illegal to own Gold Bullion in the United States. But as of January 1, 1975, it became legal to own Gold Bullion again. Personally, I think hard assets are a good thing to own. I like Real Estate, as it produces a monthly cash flow. I don't like gold because it produces no income and can be a pain to store, with a bank charging a monthly fee for storage in a safe deposit box. But collectible coins, nuggets and other finds in Metal Detecting are not too bad, especially if you have a safe at home.

A small ceramic furnace that will get to 2000 F, a clay crucible and some borax glass. But that doesn't purify it, just melts it. It'll still be 14K or whatever it is now. Actually, with borax glass it will melt at a bit over 1500F. If you wrap it in lead and cupel it, it will melt at less than 800F.

Not being a know-it-all....I assayed gold most of my working life. It's a lot of fun.

Marc