Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Selling Your Gold

MDMac

Have any of you sold the gold you found to one of these "online" or "television" companies that claim they buy gold? I am thinking of selling some of my uglier junk and was just wondering if anyone had any experience with any of these companies and can make a recommendation?

Midwest Refineries seems to be good, fast and honest. If you have a scale, you can get a close appro. weight and have a good idea of what you have. HH jim tn

The ones on TV are crooks. Do you really believe in FREE shipping? They take it out of your money!! The two that advertise on TV need to make money somehow to pay for their comercials. No Midwest or sell on eBay. You will make more there.

I called Midwest Refinery's and they don't pay for the gemstones. One ring has 12 small diamonds and I have an Eagle Necklace Pendant with a diamond in the claws and a Ruby for the eye. I would like to find a refinery that will pay for the gems as well.

I doubt that you can.

You may try selling it on eBay.

If you sell just the stones, you'll not get much.

Stone buyers buy in bulk and get good deals.

If you want to sell it, it should be cleaned and have
the stones tightened. They could easily fall out.
Have the jeweler certify it. That helps to sell it.

HH,

Yes, get an appraisal and sell on eBay. That will get you the most money.

The ones on TV will not pay for the stones either. They just want the gold.

Just a little more to the story. These are pieces of jewelry from my first marriage and if I knew how, I would melt it myself. It might even be therapeutic. I am going to use this money to buy a Whites MXT. So I guess I will pry the stones out and sell it to Midwest. They quoted me about $600.00 for what I have, and US Gold quoted me nearly the same amount. Many of you mentioned Midwest so I think I will go with them. Thank you all.

Has any of you ever head of usgoldbuyers, I have a coworker who just sent some in to them, I will let you know how it went for her.

I just sent in about 1 1/2 ounces of 14K Gold Jewelry to US Goldbuyers:
http://www.usgoldbuyers.com/?gclid=CJfB-M-WuJMCFR8cagodP2XiDQ

The main reason is that they pay for the gems as well, but I will see how much they offer. I got quotes from Midwest and USGoldbuyers and there were within 10 dollars of each other on 27.5 penny weight. I will take 10 dollars less since US Gold Buyers pays for Fed Ex shipping. Getting 10 dollars more and paying 12 dollars to ship, I get less money.

I will keep you all informed.

Thanks for the info, my co-worker ended up getting $422 for the stuff she was offered $220 for at a local pawn shop. And like you said they do pay shipping, I think I will go with them when we sell off some of the wife

Just got off the phone with US Goldbuyers. They are paying me $608.60 and they paid the shipping. Midwest offered me $615 and I pay for shipping. I think they are fairly comparable.

I sent some gold to the one who advertises on TV and they sent me a check for 16 dollar I wrote them and asked why they was trying to rip me off and sent the check back to them and they returned my gold which I then sold for 86 dollars elsewhere. DO not send it to the TV guys.

I got my check from USGoldbuyers yesterday, a little over $600.00. I called Midwest and they quoted me a little over $600.00 as well. I had the gold weighed before I sent it in 27.5 pennyweight (20 pennyweight is one ounce), and it was mostly 14K. Since it was less than 5 ounces, they pay 10 percent less than the price they quote on their web page. But I got free shipping and fast payment.

I probably could have gotten more, getting the jewelry appraised and going to Ebay but I wanted the junk melted for personal reasons.

So I am happy, should help me get an MXT!