Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

secret or not

When I find a hot spot, i hunt it till I see what is there, then I go Get my Son's to enjoy the fun with. I love seeing there face when they find something good. By the way, My Son's are Jeremy, 31, and Nicholas, 29. They are still my kids none-the- less. HH...Jesse.

I try to keep it to myself for as long as possible.

Chris

From the land of the Bluenose......interesting question! What I have done in the past and will continue to do is first give it a once and twice over then share the spot with a hunting bud who has an interest in what is being found. Example: if I find a spot that is rich in military stuff I'll share it with French Dave who is into that or a spot for old coppers Tony the Tiger. I'm a crow and like the shiny stuff. Have kept about a 12 water spots to myself and will only share those with folks that visit Nova Scotia so that they have a chance to find something decent. Not many swishers here.

One thing I have experienced is those hunters that you take out and share spots and never return the favour....one catches on quick. All said and done I will not take a fellow who digs stuff up just to sell to any decent spot.

I'm greedy. I only share with my brothers.

I hate to sound like a selfish old bast%$@ but I'd
keep it to myself. NOW then, if you happened to know of several good
sites, then you might let a buddy know about one or two but don't
be surprised if he/she comes back with some great stuff leaving you to :rage::rant::rage::rage::veryangry:

Well I didnt want to feel greedy but If I do the research and find a good spot I want to hunt it and not let everyone else hunt it and make me miss out on potential good finds if I am the one that researched and found it. I was just asking but I think the majority thinks the same.

[quote alsway]I alway share the hot spot with my hunting pal.No fun alone.[/quote]
I always take my pal with me........my cell phone.........that way when I find something good I can text or call Rosco and rub it in:devil::rofl:

n/t

Since my detectors have not arrived, I have been reading, researching and asking: I am looking for old sites. So, I asked a lady who knows much about the history of a small town I am interested in, and she ask me if she can go with me to search.

I'd load her up and hit the road!! She could have knowledge that could lead you to some great finds that you may not be able to locate by yourself!! Making great finds is pretty much useless if you don't have someone to share your joy and excitement of making them. Believe me, there is plenty of good stuff to be found without trying to keep everything to yourself. I regularly hunt with others and it really enhances the experience when one of you makes a great find. This thread has left me with images of detectorists sitting in darkened rooms with their precious finds and not sharing them with anyone, what a waste!!

BigCat,
I usually have some kind of light on when I'm alone in my room! :rofl: Part of me hunting by myself is that I usually hunt on the spur of the moment. Like to or from jobs. No time to call anyone.

I would tell her that you need some time to learn your machine before you want an audience. When I was new to the hobby I hated people looking over my shoulder, now I don't mind.

If you like this womans company, I would bring her along on a few hunts.

Chris

I convert most of my finds to cash and it's now in the bank collecting interest. I sit in a darkened room with my bankbook not sharing it with anybody.

I have told this story before. I had a spot that I hunted alone for about three months. It is a very public spot that had not been hit in a very long time. I cleaned up on coins, silver jewelry and a few gold rings. This other detecorist joined me one day and we had fun meeting a few times a week and comparing finds. He was interviewed by a reporter and told her all the stuff (some very good items) he had found and where. A day after the article was in the paper there were six or seven guys swinging there and not all of them were respectful to the land. I now routinely get approached when I go there and am told that if I do not fill my holes that detecting will be banned in the park. I just stopped going there for a while because I was spending more time cleaning up after these bad detectorists many of whom traveld 30 or 40 miles to spoil what had been one of my favorite spots.

I'll stick with my answer. If I have a spot where I find good items or lots of coins I do not share it with anybody except for 2 or 3 of my closest friends. I show my finds to anybody who wants to look.

Chris