Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Searching on school property in Florida

Things sure have gone down hill since I went to high school. This happened about 7 years before I attended Bartlett High School, but I can attest that Mr. Barns had plenty of arm left for whacking my rear-end. No kidding, Mr. Barns hit so hard with his paddle that you could see daylight between the floor and the soles of you shoes.

I respected Mr. Barns back then and still do today. He was a good man.

http://www.corpun.com/ussc5902.htm

tabman

"Recalcitrant girls sometimes get a rap on the knuckles":rofl: Thats a great article Tab...really says it all...boys get in trouble, teachers used to be able to keep them in line...moms will be moms!
Mud

ah, so some DO have access entrances, eh?

ok, I did the google man-on-street walk around the entire rear yard (playground) of the school. Sheesk I wish our school had fences that were that short! A guy my height (6' 4") can practically step over that one. And I do see several walk in gates, but the resolution/zoom isn't refined enough to allow zoom enough to see if they're gates that a person can walk right through (ie.: simply swung shut, or actually shackled/chained or not). And I see ample places of grass that are not within the fences anyhow.

Clad dog indicates that the schools there ("some" anyhow) have access entrances. However, he laments that they have signs about trespassing, school-use-only, visitors check in at office, blah blah blah. So too do all the schools here have such signs. But they're there so they can boot perverts, or someone being a nuisance, etc.. I mean, SO TOO do shopping centers have similar signs at their entrances: "private property, blah blah" (in the brass plaque or sign on the light-post that no one ever reads).

Sure, for any of us who just helps ourselves to school yards after hours, there's no gaurantee that someone might not get their panties in a wad. Oh well. You run that risk at the most innocuous of sandboxes. Heck, I even had a lady on the beach tell me my detector was bothering her dog! Oh well, you're right: stick to places that don't have any such signs or fences.

As for a case of "teens arrested for trespassing at a school", my hunch tells me those teens were doing something amiss. Vandalizing something, entering buildings, etc..... I mean, let's face it: they weren't playing frisbee or flying kites on the lawn. Had they been doing something innocuous like that, I bet no one would ever have given them a second glance.

All right.... so schools are off my list. I did just get back from the old 1920's rail road station museum in Punta Gorda. The man at the station said he must get 100 guys a year asking to use detectors. But I headed out any old way.... might as well seeing I had my dect.. in my hand. So here's what I found....
A giant rivet and a dime...
It's back to the beach in the morning.....

mudpuppy said:
"Recalcitrant girls sometimes get a rap on the knuckles":rofl: Thats a great article Tab...really says it all...boys get in trouble, teachers used to be able to keep them in line...moms will be moms!
Mud

What was left out of the article was the fact the 20 boys left the school grounds during the lunch period to get a coke at a convenience store that was a few blocks away.

Fist fights most of time didn't raise to the level for a padding, but leaving the school grounds was a big no no to Mr. Barns. Skipping class got you 3 whacks.

I got my seat warmed up several times by Mr. Barns.:(

The only time I got my parents called was when I threw a left hook though a glass door of a fire extinguisher box during a fight in the lunch room and had to sent to the doctor for stitches. Luckily for me when Mr. Barns spoke with my stepfather he told him that I was nice polite young man to him and his teachers, and always respectfully said yes sir and no sir to him. That kept me from getting a beating when I got home.:)

These schools today are like prison camps occupied by a bunch of disrespectful bratty kids.

They would be a little nicer if they had someone like Mr. Barns looking after them.

tabman

I travel in a motorhome and detect in many different states, this seems to be the new trend, fenced in schools. I usually pass on schools that are fenced and never go during school hours.