Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scorpion Gold Stinger

Sometimes I feel like an "Uncle Willy" and it might be a good handle when I start peddling stuff on Ebay. I'll probably edit my gizmo here on the forum and just go back to plain, old, drab, Bill.:rofl Are you finding any shiny stuff to brag about? I keep waiting to here you struck it big.

Have you heard from Jack since he hung it up? I sent him a framed, retirement cartoon that brightened his day a bit. Haven't heard rom him in a few days so may check with him to see if he is still kicking. Hope you are. HAA.

Bill

Jack is busy catching up with loose ends.
And I have not found the motherlode.
Catch you all later down the road.

Got the Scorpion Gold Stinger today,
UPS came by and I got the detector, with both coils and a V2 pinpointer and a box full of free stuff like 2 padded detector bags knifes pouches digging tools video and stuff. Tried it out on some small gold and it liked it. Put a 9.3 gramer and it liked it. Now I just have to spend some time,(alot of time) with it and try to get the best out of it. Jim if you can tell me any little tricks on it I would be a happy camper.Cant wait to go to my claims and put it and me to the test. I dont expect to be in the same class as the $3.000 dollar minelabs, but I am sure it will be a learning experance and a lot of fun. Thanks for any replys.
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

I'm sure it will keep you happy, especially when you think about how much money you saved overa Minelab. HAA.

Bill

Uncle Willy,
I have been in the back yard with the stinger and it works fine. I buried some nuggets and it does well. I even found a quarter inch socket I lost last year. Next week I am going to az,cal, or and wash, any good places to look for nuggets?
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

If in California you might try up north in the Yuba, American, and FEather River area. hese nuggets were found on the Yuba River.

Bill

WOW!!!
Thanks for the pics and getting my fever way up.
The wife and I are leaving here wednesday,going to Laughin for two days of gambling, then on to Barstow then Bakersfield and on to some friends house in San Francisco. After that I get to gold hunt. I want to hit places in cal,then or. who knows where from there. Hope to post some nice pics of gold and gold country when we get back. Thanks again Uncle Willy.
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

Well good luck with the scorpion. It is the last of a series known as "Groundhogs."
Keep practicing with it. The more you use it the better you will like it. It's limits
are the level of your skill.

Use the best batteries you can find so as not to need to open the control box any
more then is necessary. At first this seems odd, but it is not that much of a deal.

The searchcoil is sensitive from toe to heel. Good to push under the brush where others
may have not searched to much. Nuggets are getting harder to find. They are not renewable.

Remember, it can be used for various purposes; prospecting, coinshooting, relics, and also meteorites too.

A good magazine to buy; the ICMJ is the best for small-scale prospectors and miners.
<www.icmj.com>

Gosh look at the time; it is late and the morning comes soon.

Jim and Bill, Thanks, Got the truck loaded with all kinds of stuff and will be leaving in a few hours. I do get IMCJ its good reading. I have two ten packs of batterys` for the detector so that should be enough for a while. Jim mabey when I get back we can meet up with Wishbone in Hillsboro (one of his spots he showed me) and do some drywashing. After he showed me a good spot I have been getting some good gold there drywashing.
Thanks again guys for all the help,Talk to you soon.
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

Made it back from the trip. 3000 miles in a toytota 4x4 truck. Found some GOLD and had a blast. The wife and I left socorro and drove to Showlow and spent the night. Next day we went to Laughlin, NV for a 2-day stay. We mostly looked forward to riding the river taxis. But everything had changed since our last visit, and we were quite disapointed. Cut our stay to one day and drove to Bakersfield, CA. On the way we accidently found Calico - a restored gold town. Had a great time looking around there! From Bakersfield we drove to San Francisco - getting there during rush hour - what a thrill!! We took the coast hwy. and did see some beautiful country. But the wind was howling and it waS far too cold and nasty for any walking on the beach - big disapointment for my wife. The highlight of SFO was visiting a good friend and taking a 20-30' fishing boat under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz Island. Again, the wind was howling and the waves were exciting - thoughts of Gilligans Island advednture. From SFO we went to Placerville for 2 nights. We went through the "old" gold country along hwy 49.Found some gold near Sutter's Mill. From Placerville we went through Virginia City, which is a quaint town Spent an entire day in the desert of NV, visiting a mining musuem in Tonopah and the ghosttown of
Rhyolite before getting into Las Vegas at dark. Talk about people and traffic!!! Didn't even stop. Spent the night in Boulder City - glad to be away from the craziness. Drove by Hoover Dam and on to Prescott, AZ from there. Spent two nights. Found some gold. From Prescott we went back to Showlow, spent the night, then home the next day. I will post some gold pics soon. I just ordered two coil covers for the scoripon. Any comments on using coil covers?
Kelly

Good old Showlow - named after a card game. Been there several times many moons ago. Looks like you didn't make it up to the Yuba,/American/Feather River area. Glad you had a good time and found some yellow stuff.

Bill

Uncle Willy and BigCatDaddy,
It was a long ride, but real fun. The Scorpion Gold Stinger did well in finding a couple of small pickers. Most of the gold came from panning. My coil covers will be here tomorrow.The covers should help my coils from being scratched up.I will try this weekend to post gold pics.
Thanks for the replies.
Kelly
Socorro N.M.