Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scorpion Gold Stinger

kelly

Hi to all on this forum,
I am going to buy the Scorpion Gold Stinger for prospecting on my claims here in New Mexico.
Do any of you have or used the Stinger, and what do you think about it? Thanks for any help,tips or info on this detector.
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

I haven't used one but know guys that do and it has an excellent track record. You might check out losttreasure.com for a field test on it.

Bill

Bill,
Thanks for the info, I went to the site you talked about and there was a lot of info for me on the detector. Thanks again and good luck hunting.
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

Joe,
Thanks for the reply, Iam getting the Scorpion with both coils the 5x10dd and the3x7dd. The ground is not to bad here in New Mexico. It will be a little worse when I go to AZ. I have found some gold here on my claims using a Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II with a 4 inch coil. Just wanted to get a detector that will pick up gold a little better. Thanks again for the help.
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

Kelly-- no matter what machine you use it is important to learn it.
The Scorpion will do fine. Be sure to use the best alkali batteries.
And you might find keeping it about an inch of the ground best.

And Bill, if you are reading this post, I'm surprised you have not
used the Scorpion (GRIN)

Just haven't had the chance. I could probably get one to play with. I did use a friend's for a short time long ago. I thought it met the challenge okay. HA. I stood next to an SR-71 many times years ago but never got to fly it. HAAA.

Bill

Anon,
Thanks for the info, Will be ordering one tuesday, Kellyco has some good prices,do you know of other places to get the stinger at a good price?
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

Bill-- I believe in supporting local dealers best; but only if they give continuous service.
Also, do not give "anon" away--- but the one who can cover her searchcoil to overfilling is willing--- and I have posted an e-mail to you.

Please understand I do not recomend any machine as best--- it is up to the user and their level
of skill. However, I once found a small paystreak of sub- to grain- sized shallow gold. It was in a contact metamorphic mineralized area. Of all of the different machines, the Garrett Gold Stinger--- handled this ground the best.

After many years of production--- it still has the old-time-honored TR-disc mode as well as VLF-disc and all-metal. It is also a fair coinshooter and for relics too.

You may hear many negative thoughts about the Stinger--- but if you learn it--- really do;
you will be amazed at what it can do.

There are probably many old Stingers sitting in closets--- maybe like new.

My Stinger is one of the first off the line. I carry the contol box on my chest in a make-shift harness (It is top heavy) and it is now on its third search coil. ~ Anon

Sounds like you've got your moneys worth. I know my buddy Jim Straight likes the Stinger. Course he is now playing with the Infinium.

Bill

Uncle Willy,
Is that the same Jim Straight that has the books on dry washers and stuff?
Kelly
Socorro N.M.

Uncle Bill and Kelly too:

I notice this thread has been little read, and feel secure
that only a few will tread this.

I do not wish to advertise on this forum--- not according to good manners

but "my" big book, Vol 3., is now back in print. The 7th edition, over
300 pages. It is "generic" and has considerable information on gold detectors.
(such as the Infinium) and Kelly if you pester Bill he can give you details
on where to but a copy. I do not sell it.

Also--- Bill, you need to contact me so I can give you needed information
re: the lady lawyer. It is a go.

Thanks Jim and Bill,

Jim, I met a friend of yours here in New Mexico His name is George (wishbone) and he told me about you and him (all good stuff)detecting and drywashing together. He is a good guy also. Anyway hope to meet you too.

Bill,
If you have any more info or tips on the scoripon gold stinger please let me know.

Jeff@middlesex,
Thank you for your reply also.

Kelly
Socorro N.M.

Yes I know bud. Glad you reminded me so I can answer your email that is gathering cobwebs on my message board. I'm not a procrastinator but I was eight years old before I got my birthmark. :D

Bill

To Kelly: "Wishbone" is one smart fellow. With him you are in good company.
To Bill: What is all of this "Uncle Willy" stuff?
To Jeff: Keep up with the good posts.

Thanks guys,

Yeah I know that Jim and Wishbone are guys to learn from for sure. Mabey some day we all can go the hills and find some of the yellar stuff.
Kelly
Socorro N.M.