Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Royal, I asked this question before, but I can not remember...............

First, I misspoke, its the opposite of what I said. The higher the F-stop the more the depth of field [things in focus behind the object]. If you use a low number , like f-1.2, the only thing in focus will be the object, and everything in the back ground will be blurred.
[My camera is an old Canon A-1, and has several modes.]
You can preset the aperture on your camera and have it pick the shutter speed. If the camera is using 1/125th of a second shutter speed or lower you need to use the timer, and or a cable release and a tripod. You can manually meter the subject in the fixed aperture mode to see what the shutter speed will be[ if under .125 second do above]then set the camera back to auto to set the shutter speed.
Stopdown photography allows you to preview the subject with the aperture closed to the f-stop you have chosen, and be able to see the amount of light available.
Are you using a gray card to set your meter? This really helps when there are extremes of light and dark together. If you don't have a gray card then use your hand as the object to set the meter. Just hold your hand out a foot away. Ninety-nine% of the time you can do better if you manually set one aspect or another, because in full auto the camera is at best compromising.
Are you using outdoor film outdoors, and indoor film indoors? This will change your color values, if not. You can get a filter to correct this so only one type of film is needed.
Also how are you setting up your macro? Are you using a lens doubler? You can take a standard 50/55mm lens and shoot macro using lens multipliers screwed into the front of the lens; and you can add several at one time until you get the proper size you want.

Just use a piece of waxed paper instead. You can even use a needle to poke small holes in the paper if you want a little more light. I have a flash that attaches by a bracket to the camera, and the head swivels, plus the diffuser that clips on is only $5 or so. This flash is called a bounce flash because you can use indirect lighting by 'bouncing' it off the ceiling.This particular flash is good for about 100 feet. Have you tried slave units to make sure there is enough light and no shadows, as can happen with one flash?
Are you using an adjustable polarizing filter on the end of your lens?

electronic digital camera. Instead of using a roll of film, the camera takes the picture and puts it on a little square electronic memory chip card. I really do not know how it ends up on the electronic memory chip card, but it does. Unlike film, you can use this electronic memory chip card over and over again. After you transfer the pictures from this electonic memory chip card to your computer, you delete the pictures on it and re-use it. You can print the pictures on your computer printer or you can take the electronic memory chip card to Wal-Mart and they will print you some nice photos.

Many of the professional picture takers use this type of camera, especially one by the name of RM that post messages on this Forum from time to time. RM is a famous photographer that lives up there in Yankee Land somewhere, but he takes photos all over the United States. He posted a picture of the twin towers in New York City just prior to the attack on them by the terrorist.

I do thank you for the information, and please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

My wife has a digital, and I just don't care for it. There are even cameras that are both digital and use film. Does yours have night vision capability?