Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Has His Permit And Is Now Legal...:please:

Good reason. I use one because my knees ain't as good as they used to be. To many years climbing up and down saw horses, ladders, scaffolds, and a host of other things. Worked on a scaffold in Vegas many years ago that was 100 feet ( ten stories high ) that we had to climb up and down every day. And it was inside a Catholic Church.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]Good reason. I use one because my knees ain't as good as they used to be. To many years climbing up and down saw horses, ladders, scaffolds, and a host of other things. Worked on a scaffold in Vegas many years ago that was 100 feet ( ten stories high ) that we had to climb up and down every day. And it was inside a Catholic Church.

Bill[/quote]I know your pain. I built scaffold for years. And pulled wrenches.

Me to. Everything here is wide open. Even our ocean beaches are publically owned. Course State and Federal parks are off limits, but that is everywhere.

Bill

Yeah I watched them erect that scaffold I spoke of and I marveled at how those guys shinnied around up there like a bunch of monkies. They earned their pay. Course when we were up top we hand to rope up 12 foot sheets of five eights-inch sheetrock and hang them. By the end of the day we had Popeye arms. :rofl:

Bill

[quote awhitster]What about all the emails and phone calls to me when you were new?. I would say 3 teachers. Geesh, so soon we forget.:smoke:[/quote]

Phone calls and e-mails? I remember you bragging a lot about what you found and wouldn't tell me the good places to go when I came down there for vacation. Yea Bro, I'll give you an apple for your educational wisdom. FULL OF WORMS!!! :starwars:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote awhitster]What about all the emails and phone calls to me when you were new?. I would say 3 teachers. Geesh, so soon we forget.:smoke:[/quote]

Phone calls and e-mails? I remember you bragging a lot about what you found and wouldn't tell me the good places to go when I came down there for vacation. Yea Bro, I'll give you an apple for your educational wisdom. FULL OF WORMS!!! :starwars:[/quote]I'm not talking about places down here. I am talking about when you were new and lost and burned up the min. on your phone drilling me for "how to" information. Like I said, so soon we forget. Be lucky I taught you everything you know, just not everything I know:rofl:

[quote Wolfdog,Ia.]Twitching??? I thought that was when you crossed two sticks and tryed to find water.:cool::garrett:[/quote]

No actually it's when you use a willow branch. Hold the "Y" part in each hand and let the stick part dip when over the water. Used to know a man when I was a kid that could do that (Right Bro Awhitster). It's pretty cool. We used to use a bent coat hanger in each hand and let them cross when over water pipes. Anyone can do that but now days a lot of water pipes are plastic. Takes the fun out of it...ehehe

Yea, that's the way I do almost all targets, unless
it ends up being really big. I almost never use a
digger any more. I always have trouble avoiding grass
damage when using a digger. Just harder to hide fer
some reason. But using the "flip" method with a probe
doesn't seem to do near the damage, although some might
assume it would do worse.
I think part of the deal is most cut slots into sod
when using a digger. After the target is found, the
dirt is usually piled back in, and the grass laid back
flat. But always seems to be visible unless you get lucky.
On the other hand, using the flip method, the ground is
pretty much just pushed up around the coin, and once
found, seems to mash back together easier. Maybe it's cuz
any breaks in the sod are irregular.. Dunno...
But I can leave a hole much cleaner looking using a probe ,
than using a digger most times.. Often, the probed hole
will be nearly invisible after you leave.
I've got a pretty good digger, but it collects dust most
the time.. :/
MK

Yeah I don't use a digger much. Never have. It's hard to even tell where I've been. Another method ( and this works great on manicured lawns ) is to locate the target with a probe then take a knife and cut a slit down past the side of the coin. Move the knife side to side to open the slit up a little, then pluck the coin out of the side of the slit. When done step on the slit hard and it closes up and no one will ever know you were there.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]That's "witching." :)

Bill[/quote]Or dowsing.............

Will the Nosy Patrol never cease?

[quote Uncle Willy]Yeah I don't use a digger much. Never have. It's hard to even tell where I've been. Another method ( and this works great on manicured lawns ) is to locate the target with a probe then take a knife and cut a slit down past the side of the coin. Move the knife side to side to open the slit up a little, then pluck the coin out of the side of the slit. When done step on the slit hard and it closes up and no one will ever know you were there.
Bill[/quote]

Sounds like a good way with the knife and it would keep the damage down to a min. But when you look at rule #3 on the back of my "Now Famous Permit".......it says.........No shovels, trowels, plug cutters or KNIVES allowed"........

What the hell are you going to hurt with a knife?

Like it's been said though, this "permit" so to speak is a joke and they don't even charge the buck for it anymore. It's just to keep the grounds keepers happy. They don't know squat!!!

How would they know you used one if they can't see where you've been? THey probably mean no cutting plugs and digging with a knife. But even if a plug is cut correctly you can't see where it is after it's gone back in the ground. They've probably never seen nor heard of the "slit" method.

Bill

Let,s all be considerate and ask permission before we dig. On many occasions I have been denied permission to hunt just because property owners were angry because of people trespassing on their property.
As for public property, why not be courteous and ask permission? Some of my best leads came from the person that gave me permission to hunt on public property.

[quote Uncle Willy]How would they know you used one if they can't see where you've been? THey probably mean no cutting plugs and digging with a knife. But even if a plug is cut correctly you can't see where it is after it's gone back in the ground. They've probably never seen nor heard of the "slit" method.
Bill[/quote]
I think they are worried about people cutting their sprinkler water lines and anything else that was put "too close to the surface"....