Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Has His Permit And Is Now Legal...:please:

Working that famous park of ours I had met up with another swinger and we talked about the "permit" a person is supposed to have while working the city parks. He has one. Next time I was there a city park guy asks if I have one. I said......."didn't know i was posed to"..eheeh. He says I need to get one. Today I went to the city hall and they won't even charge the $1.00 any more. Too much hassle. Lady hands it to me and says......."Have a nice day"......eheehe. I feel so much better now....:angel:
I edited out the name of my city and the parks where we aren't supposed to swing. Just to keep you from knowing where I live like you already don't....ehehe.

I will admit it. Years ago (like 22 years) I hunted places I knew I wasn't suppose to. I think most have done it. You know it when your looking behind you every minute. Every car that passes you check to see if they stop. Your heart is pounding as you dig. Sweat is running off your face. You now what I'm talking about. What a relief it is to get permission and or permits and hunt with no worries at all. If I can't get a permit I will write the name and number of the person who gave me permission. This way you can whip it out any time. At the very least you can blame someone else!

[quote Paul(NWO)]Any depth would prevent it I'd think as I never have learned that technique.
Congratulations on being legal.[/quote]

I pinpoint the coin or other target with my 250 then get down on the knees (that's when the praying starts...ehehe). First I use my Teknetics Pinpointer to see if the target is within an inch or so. I poke a few times here and there then do the "rub"....slide the pointer across the grass/dirt to see if I missed the point. I then do the "hokey pokey".....I have a screw driver that I ground to a point then dulled down. I poke around and see if I hit something. Hit something then put the screw driver in and do the "wiggle waggle" open up the conical hole. Then put the pointer in the hole. BUZZZZZ got it. No Buzzz, do a little more "hokey pokey" and point some more. The rest is pulling out what you found.

This is not a new way of doing it. It's the way many of you have done it for years. I am into my second year next month. I've learned a lot from here and from experience. Both have been great teachers!!!

[quote John 'n' W.Va]Is that a new law? It doesn't look like they have given out many permits.[/quote]

Not sure John. I have heard that they wanted you to get the permit for some time. I had to sign a "log book" and I was the second person today. I didn't have a chance to look but it seemed that there were a number of pages. I had the meter running at the parking lot and didn't want to get dinked there. Good to see you again!!!

[quote Paul(NWO)]n/t[/quote]

Are you kidding??? I have a back hoe on trailer behind my truck in cases like that. I use the same way no matter what. Don't find, poke deeper, don't find, poke deeper. I don't carry shovel or anything else. Just screw driver and pinpointer. If they aren't enough, the ACE didn't find it anyway. At least that's my way..........

The things you learn: hokey pokey--- wiggle waggle--- Buzzzzz. That is why this is the best forum on the net.:rofl:

[quote Wolfdog,Ia.]The things you learn: hokey pokey--- wiggle waggle--- Buzzzzz. That is why this is the best forum on the net.:rofl:[/quote]

And your reply is what makes it FUNNNNNN!!! I don't get on here as much as others, could get on here more, but I have no life and have to make the best of it......:goodnight:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder] I've learned a lot from here and from experience. Both have been great teachers!!![/quote]What about all the emails and phone calls to me when you were new?. I would say 3 teachers. Geesh, so soon we forget.:smoke:

If you used a 24-inch Phillips for a probe like I do then you wouldn't have to get down on your knees. :) Ran into a beeper swinger some time ago who had a bad back and he had a length of three quarter-inch dowel about three feet long with a Phillips shank mounted in one end and a putty knife blade mounted in the other end. I watched him use it and it worked great. Been thinking about making one for myself.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]Never heard of having to acquire a permit to detect a public park. What part of Russia do you live in? :rofl:

Bill[/quote]I did a quick internet search and found a few places that require a permit. don't need them where I live, it's like the wild west:wiggle:

You forgot "twitching." :rofl: Think I'll start a little detector trivia gig and educate some of the newbies to the lingo.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]If you used a 24-inch Phillips for a probe like I do then you wouldn't have to get down on your knees. :) Ran into a beeper swinger some time ago who had a bad back and he had a length of three quarter-inch dowel about three feet long with a Phillips shank mounted in one end and a putty knife blade mounted in the other end. I watched him use it and it worked great. Been thinking about making one for myself.
Bill[/quote]

Sounds like a good setup but..........I drive a bus for 9 hours a day. The only exercise I get is when I get out to smoke a cig. Getting up and down on my knees when detecting is the best thing that has happened to me. Other wise, instead of not being able to move, and being 30 pounds over weight.........I'd not be able to type this...ehehe

[quote Uncle Willy]You forgot "twitching." :rofl: Think I'll start a little detector trivia gig and educate some of the newbies to the lingo.

Bill[/quote]

Good one Uncle Bill. Forgot about that twitch thing. And believe me I use it all the time. And don't forget the round-e-round-e.......Not sure of the signal? Go around and do it again. Never fails in bringing out that "I'm not sure about this one" signal......

Best way to do, especially on shallow targets is "coin popping." Locate the target with your probe then push a screwdriver down past the edge of the target and just beneath it, then press down on the screwdriver handle sideways towards the ground and pop the coin out. Leaves virtually nothing to fix, fill in, or clean up.

Bill