Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring ID

Ism

Looking for help identifying this ring, it looks old. I found it in a soccer park that used to be a farm as far back as the 1870's, so it could have been dropped in the past couple years or lying there for a century.
It appears to be silver dipped, but the metal underneath also looks to be silver (some of the surface plating flaked off). The base metal isn't corroded like Zinc or pot metal. No bubbling under the plating like other plated rings buried in the ground for a few years.
There is a faint cross on the signet and angels on the side of the ring. There are no makers markings whatsoever. The only adjustable I've seen like this are vintage Chinese rings.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240528_181743.jpg
    20240528_181743.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240528_181813.jpg
    20240528_181813.jpg
    953.1 KB · Views: 58
Sunday School attendance award?????

Reactions: Ism
I have seen a few like this in the finds I have found over the years. Mine dont seem to have a cross on them and many had the initials on them. being they are adjustable they would be one size fits all.
My best one has Dizzy Dean the ball player that was in a box of Grape Nuts cereal from back in the 30s I have been told and was told it is worth about $50 as it is collectable . I also have one that has Huckleberry hound on it that I havent check out yet.
Nice find with the Cross on it and feel too a may be a Sunday School ring.
Rick

I have seen a few like this in the finds I have found over the years. Mine dont seem to have a cross on them and many had the initials on them. being they are adjustable they would be one size fits all.
My best one has Dizzy Dean the ball player that was in a box of Grape Nuts cereal from back in the 30s I have been told and was told it is worth about $50 as it is collectable . I also have one that has Huckleberry hound on it that I havent check out yet.
Nice find with the Cross on it and feel too a may be a Sunday School ring.
Rick
Thanks for that info Rick, it does have the look of a bubble gum machine prize from that era. I will Google using that info to see if I can find more.

Thanks for that info Rick, it does have the look of a bubble gum machine prize from that era. I will Google using that info to see if I can find more.
Or out of a box of Cracker Jacks...

I also have found a few like this over the years. I was thinking that just before I read the other responses