Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rank horse, wild calves, arrowheads.................

I really know about cowboying is what Roy Rogers and Tom Mix learned me!! and now Fred. :D

Don't ever hesitate telling those story's buddy. If you don't tell them, nobody else can. YOu lived them!

I love the arrowheads!!:thumbup:

With the influx of newcomers into our fair and beautiful state of Texas, some of the old customs have gone by the wayside but as I was growing up amongst the old time Texans, I learned that there were unspoken rules. Three of those rules were, dont kick a mans dog, dont mistreat his animals and dont cuss in front of or say disparaging words about a lady. It could be especially dangerous if it was his favorite dog or his personal riding horse or if it was HIS lady you insulted.

that you had not had time yet to take some pictures of the Indian Flutes that you are making. Yesterday when I was going through a few boxes of Indian relics, I was looking for a tomahawk that was given to me upon the death of an Indian friend and the other item was a Indian flute made out of a bone that I found when I was a young boy. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

to do the things that you do not want it to do, and make it easy for the horse to do the things that you want it to do. By making Bad Ben continue running after he decided that he wanted to rest quickly taught him two things: It taught him that I was in charge, not him, and it taught him that his decision of taking it on his own to run was not as much fun as he thought it would be. I take the position that the horse and I are partners, but I call the shots most of the time. There are times when I will give the horse a free rein, especially when working out in the brush...I will often give him a free rein on the way home because he knows the way. Thanks for reading my story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

knew how to start a fire with flint and steel. I seldom ever ventured out in the brush without it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I have always loved your stories, and your last story about finding the lost wedding ring had to be one of the best stories that I have read on this Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

what are now being taught. Do you remember the days when if you wanted to start a fight, all you had to do was to tell someone that they had an ugly dog? :rofl: One unwritten rule that a cowboy learns at a very early age is that you do not touch someone's horse without permission. At the same time, one of the best compliments that you can give someone is handing them the reins to your horse and asking them if they would like to ride him. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

...and since you are so GOOD at posting photos, how about posting it either to the forum or to my email. Depending upon the tribe, many bone flutes were made from eagle bones.

I got bogged down on my "thunderbird" flute, but four hours later it plays a beautiful concert A! I am not quite finished with it yet, having still to make the fetish/block, but I will be getting them to you as soon as I get them finished. I have one more that I finished this weekend, made of ash. It turned out beautifully and I tuned it to a melodious G#. It is a new design but plays with the purest voice. Not bragging, but after the thunderbird, this one was a dream.

aj

that I could smell the leather from your saddle as you thru it in the back of your pickup, see the owner leaning up against a porch post looking you over, and maybe spitting tobacco. I could also picture the other cowboys hanging around the corral, some standing on the rails, watching you ride Big Ben the first time. Guess you showed him!

It was good to hear another post from you again, my friend.

How long did you stay at this particular ranch? Did they really have bunkhouses for the cowboys to stay in?

I really enjoyed this! :)

...will be even more meaningful.

As a man matures, he begins to move into different circles, keeping his indelible values, forged into him as a lad.

Your character will take on these chapters with every bid of the class and tenacity as the stories of yesteryear reflect.

Bein' a husband, a daddy, a granddaddy, a mentor,...oh son! Those chapters can be the most powerful and lasting of all! Just think of your grand child writing those chapters to completion as they tap their memories and read your stories. My word!

It is a blessing to be in those chapters of our lives. Being placed there by circumstances or by our choosing, nevertheless, a man has his values and his blessings to give to the up-and-coming generations, precious as they are.

"Blessed is the man whose quiver is full." Oh...yeah.

Staying the course and finishing each "chapter" the way God would have us do as the leaders of our families is our duty and an immeasurable honor.

I encourage you to saddle up and throw yourself into that scrapbook...to detail your artifacts and attitudes...to journal, and just maybe that grandbaby or great grandbaby will find your most special treasure one day, locked away in a dusty old trunk in the darkest corner of the attic.

The old ways don't have to be lost and when you preserve them, you invest in your legacy -- the future generations. As they read and learn, decades from now, they will come to know the special man that we all care so much about. <><

your friend,

aj