Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Predictions for the future...

ok, I was trying to see your logic, till ....... you got to divining rods ? We were (I thought) talking about science, re.: electronics and metal detecting. And then you say : "There is no 'conclusive' scientific explanation why or how divining rods work"

But I guess you think it's relevant anyhow, since you say you can find coins with it/them, eh ? So therefore, it *must* be scientific, but lemme guess: ....... as yet ........"un-discovered science", right? Ok, let's also therefore go with crystal balls, tarot cards, ouiji boards, astrology, etc.... Afterall, there's no shortage of hardcore and sincere people who will swear up and down that those give/gave accurate forecasts for the future, blah blah blah. Therefore those must all be scientific (albeit, as of yet, un-discovered science), right ?

I suppose an XRF probe type of device wouldnt be out of the question as a possible future product...Of course price would have to come down a LOT, like in the 200 buck range to make it feasible.

That said, if a guy goes to the trouble of stooping down, reaming out a hole just to insert the probe to contact the metal, and then see what it says it is, its way too slow...a guy could do that with a screwdriver and have it out of the ground in half the time...:shrug:
Mud

Exactly . If you've gone that far .... then why not simply take the item out-of-the-hole ... AND LOOK AT IT TO ID ?

Tom_in_CA said:
ok, I was trying to see your logic, till ....... you got to divining rods ? We were (I thought) talking about science, re.: electronics and metal detecting. And then you say : "There is no 'conclusive' scientific explanation why or how divining rods work"

But I guess you think it's relevant anyhow, since you say you can find coins with it/them, eh ? So therefore, it *must* be scientific, but lemme guess: ....... as yet ........"un-discovered science", right? Ok, let's also therefore go with crystal balls, tarot cards, ouiji boards, astrology, etc.... Afterall, there's no shortage of hardcore and sincere people who will swear up and down that those give/gave accurate forecasts for the future, blah blah blah. Therefore those must all be scientific (albeit, as of yet, un-discovered science), right ?

There is no 'conclusive' or 'official text book' scientific explanation how divining rods work albeit there are some plausible theories out there.
Yet, divining rods do work. Seen them work with my own two eyes!

Similarly, there's no 'conclusive' scientific explanation on the origin and other mysteries of the universe, yet the universe is real and works. There are theories on the universe's origin like big bang, steady state, singularity, etc. but none can be proven 'conclusively' at this time in history without a shadow of a doubt.

We don't even know 'conclusively' how the human race instantly came to be among all the varying animal species, yet we're all here. The scientific establishment keeps searching for that elusive missing link to fit their theory. Out of nowhere humans were building cities, speaking in languages, writing, etc.

Equating divining rods with crystal balls and such is what the scientific establishment does when they can't explain a phenomena with a large segment of the public blindly following suit.

Which brings us back to this mentality: "Everything that can be invented has been invented" - Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899