Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prayer Request

Update..... I got this message from him Sunday.......My oncologist tells me this is the hardest time for me - suffering the side effects of treatment but not yet feeling any sign of improvement. He says after the next (3rd) round of chemo, signs of improvement will begin to manifest. meanwhile ,I do the only sure thing - pray for strength, resilience, and healing by the blood of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Hey everyone, I know I have chemo brain but I could swear I just recently posted a lengthy update, but I’m not seeing it. And at least one post after that. 🤔

I today had my 5th round of chemo. Aside from some wicked nausea in the night, I’m really beginning to feel the results of the prayers and the treatments.

I’m feeling less pain and I’m able to do more and working a few shortened days a week. I’m drinking fluids almost like normal, and able to eat small amounts of soft things like mashed potatoes with gravy- this indicates real tumor shrinkage ( as does the pain reduction) Stamina and strength are reduced due to the chemo and are temporary. I really believe I’ll be able to eat a hamburger by Labor Day.

My attitude continues to be good, and fears are not a problem because I’ve surrendered to Jesus and he is in control of my future. I do struggle with anxiety but have it under control and it’s not something due to my condition- it’s been a lifelong struggle.
I pray for all of you that have taken an interest in my health situation, and hope you continue to keep me in your thoughts.

I’m keeping an eye on this now and making sure I keep posting updates.

Bob

Hey everyone, I know I have chemo brain but I could swear I just recently posted a lengthy update, but I’m not seeing it. And at least one post after that. 🤔

I today had my 5th round of chemo. Aside from some wicked nausea in the night, I’m really beginning to feel the results of the prayers and the treatments.

I’m feeling less pain and I’m able to do more and working a few shortened days a week. I’m drinking fluids almost like normal, and able to eat small amounts of soft things like mashed potatoes with gravy- this indicates real tumor shrinkage ( as does the pain reduction) Stamina and strength are reduced due to the chemo and are temporary. I really believe I’ll be able to eat a hamburger by Labor Day.

My attitude continues to be good, and fears are not a problem because I’ve surrendered to Jesus and he is in control of my future. I do struggle with anxiety but have it under control and it’s not something due to my condition- it’s been a lifelong struggle.
I pray for all of you that have taken an interest in my health situation, and hope you continue to keep me in your thoughts.

I’m keeping an eye on this now and making sure I keep posting updates.

Bob
Sounds like positive news. Praying every day for you.

Thanks Mike, both of my doctors say I’m good. Prayers answered. They want me back in 6 months but I told them a year. I’m tired of being poked and prodded.
I continue my prayers for you and Bob. Hopefully others will remember to do so too.

Thanks Mike, both of my doctors say I’m good. Prayers answered. They want me back in 6 months but I told them a year. I’m tired of being poked and prodded.
I continue my prayers for you and Bob. Hopefully others will remember to do so too.
Praise the Lord. Currently I am in the clear as well.

I am so very glad to hear that. I’m sure your family is relieved and celebrating.
God is great ! May he hear our prayers for Bob and his family.
And again, thank you for your prayers and reaching out to me last year.

Quick update.
I’ll be having chemo treatments every two weeks for 12 rounds- not 6 ( this coming week) as I believed. And immunotherapy every 3 weeks. However, my oncologist said all cancer markers are down, and symptoms are reducing fast. I’ll get a new PET scan September 16 which I believe will show serious improvement, but I always believed it would not be close to gone this quickly- after 12 rounds maybe with Gods grace and will.

Last night my wife and I ( with her nieces little boys over our house for the weekend
went to Friendly’s and I ate half of a hamburger/fries platter, and got a chocolate milkshake to go. My first sizable meal since mid-May. Praise Jesus. So I’m eating with enteric feeding at night.

I m having huge fatigue and weakness from chemo but it’s a price I have to pay. Nonetheless, I’m planning to go on a in water creek hunt tomorrow at a site where I found early colonial on the ground aside the creek, so I’m sure there’s relics in the water. Bought a mask and snorkel to see into the water. I will probably have to take a bunch of rest breaks, but I’m really looking forward to it.

Quick update.
I’ll be having chemo treatments every two weeks for 12 rounds- not 6 ( this coming week) as I believed. And immunotherapy every 3 weeks. However, my oncologist said all cancer markers are down, and symptoms are reducing fast. I’ll get a new PET scan September 16 which I believe will show serious improvement, but I always believed it would not be close to gone this quickly- after 12 rounds maybe with Gods grace and will.

Last night my wife and I ( with her nieces little boys over our house for the weekend
went to Friendly’s and I ate half of a hamburger/fries platter, and got a chocolate milkshake to go. My first sizable meal since mid-May. Praise Jesus. So I’m eating with enteric feeding at night.

I m having huge fatigue and weakness from chemo but it’s a price I have to pay. Nonetheless, I’m planning to go on a in water creek hunt tomorrow at a site where I found early colonial on the ground aside the creek, so I’m sure there’s relics in the water. Bought a mask and snorkel to see into the water. I will probably have to take a bunch of rest breaks, but I’m really looking forward to it.
Praise the Lord for the improvement. Don't overdue it. Praying daily for you.